Feb 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Consider these Aaron Brooks trade rumors a case study in sources.
In Houston, Aaron Brooks is coming off the bench and is not liking it, leading to him walking off the court and getting suspended a game.
Watch as Alan Hahn at Newsday connects those dots.
A source with knowledge of the situation said the Rockets “are going to try hard” to move Brooks before the Feb. 24 trade deadline. A separate source confirmed that the Knicks are interested.
So the Knicks are trying to work out a… not so fast.
In Houston, they say there is no such trade talk, just ask Jonathan Feigen at the Houston Chronicle.
According to two individuals with knowledge of the Rockets’ thinking, the Rockets are not mulling a deal because so far there is not one to consider, and the Rockets are not looking to dump Brooks. Not even close.
He could be moved by the deadline, which has been true for most of the Rockets roster since Yao Ming started limping Nov. 10, long before Brooks stalked off the floor on Saturday. The Rockets, however, are not in talks to deal him and really don’t want to.
Here are your questions: Do the Rockets really want to move Brooks? (Probably for the right deal.) Do the Knicks want Brooks? (Heck yes.)
So do you say you’re not looking to trade him to give you leverage in talks, make the Knicks up their offer? Well, that would be the smart thing to do.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14