Feb 8, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
This is a pretty good lineup: The man that will be the all-time leader in three pointers made, the NBA’s leading scorer, and the defending champion.
This year’s NBA All-Star Three-Point Contest could be interesting. The lineup of shooters for All-Star Saturday Night (Feb. 19) at Staples Center has plenty of guys who can knock it down:
• Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics): He is the defending three-point champion and is shooting 40.1 percent from three this season.
• Ray Allen (Boston Celtics): At some point Thursday he will pass Reggie Miller to become the man who has made more three pointers than anyone in NBA history. He’s shooting a wicked 46.2 percent from three this season.
• Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder): The NBA’s leading scorer last season and again this season, he can knock down the three but is shooting a pretty average 34.7 percent from there this season.
• James Jones (Miami Heat): He is spacing the floor for LeBron James this season and is hitting 42.7 percent from three.
• Dorell Wright (Golden State Warriors): He has made more three pointers than anyone in the NBA this season (124) and is shooting 40.9 percent from deep.
Looking for some snubs? Shawne Williams of the Knicks leads the league shooting 50.6 percent from three, and he is just ahead of the Spurs Matt Bonner at 50.4 percent. One other guy that would have been a good fit is Arron Afflalo of the Nuggets, shooting 44.9 percent from three this season.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shined 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 0
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 9
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 15
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8