Feb 8, 2011, 2:38 PM EST
This is a pretty good lineup: The man that will be the all-time leader in three pointers made, the NBA’s leading scorer, and the defending champion.
This year’s NBA All-Star Three-Point Contest could be interesting. The lineup of shooters for All-Star Saturday Night (Feb. 19) at Staples Center has plenty of guys who can knock it down:
• Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics): He is the defending three-point champion and is shooting 40.1 percent from three this season.
• Ray Allen (Boston Celtics): At some point Thursday he will pass Reggie Miller to become the man who has made more three pointers than anyone in NBA history. He’s shooting a wicked 46.2 percent from three this season.
• Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder): The NBA’s leading scorer last season and again this season, he can knock down the three but is shooting a pretty average 34.7 percent from there this season.
• James Jones (Miami Heat): He is spacing the floor for LeBron James this season and is hitting 42.7 percent from three.
• Dorell Wright (Golden State Warriors): He has made more three pointers than anyone in the NBA this season (124) and is shooting 40.9 percent from deep.
Looking for some snubs? Shawne Williams of the Knicks leads the league shooting 50.6 percent from three, and he is just ahead of the Spurs Matt Bonner at 50.4 percent. One other guy that would have been a good fit is Arron Afflalo of the Nuggets, shooting 44.9 percent from three this season.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9