Feb 8, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
Things that make me happy — Shaun Livingston earning playing time, getting run in crunch time and leading the Bobcats to a win over the Celtics. (No offense to D.J. Augustin or the Celtics, but we root hard for Livingston around these parts.)
The Hornets are currently owned by the league. They are one of two teams that does a pre-game prayer in the arena. Does that violate the league’s own policy?
Mark Cuban thinks the Cavaliers are in a good spot to start building toward a championship.
Interesting little interview with Greg Monroe of the Pistons, who has really come along as the season has worn on.
The Bulls would still like a more steady two guard.
Timofey Mozgov blogs in Russia. He doesn’t always get D’Antoni. He totally gets Ronny Turiaf.
J.R. Smith walked in the Nuggets locker room for shootaround Monday, noticed Carmelo Anthony wasn’t there and freaked out. (Anthony was out for personal reasons but played in the game. And dropped 50.)
- Where I call out Dan Patrick, Charles Barkley for sounding like old men asking, “When did basketball get so bad?” 1
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 9
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 10
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)