Feb 8, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
With the Carmelo/Bynum rumors swirling about, it’s another strange day to be a Nuggets fan, but there is some good news for the Denver faithful. Courtesy of the Denver Post’s Chris Dempsey:
Chauncey Billups strained his left knee Monday night, but an MRI today revealed no further damage to the Denver Nuggets guard, the team said.
Billups is listed as day-to-day, and his availability for Wednesday’s game against Golden State in Oakland will be determined before game time.
Billups left Monday’s loss against Houston in the second quarter and did not return to the court.
The Nuggets currently have the highest offensive efficiency rating in basketball, and Billups has been the one running the show for them. Denver is currently holding onto the 7th playoff spot in the Western Conference; even if Anthony remains a Nugget after the trade deadline, Denver will need Billups to be at his best in order to make the playoffs.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 11
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13