Feb 8, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
With the Carmelo/Bynum rumors swirling about, it’s another strange day to be a Nuggets fan, but there is some good news for the Denver faithful. Courtesy of the Denver Post’s Chris Dempsey:
Chauncey Billups strained his left knee Monday night, but an MRI today revealed no further damage to the Denver Nuggets guard, the team said.
Billups is listed as day-to-day, and his availability for Wednesday’s game against Golden State in Oakland will be determined before game time.
Billups left Monday’s loss against Houston in the second quarter and did not return to the court.
The Nuggets currently have the highest offensive efficiency rating in basketball, and Billups has been the one running the show for them. Denver is currently holding onto the 7th playoff spot in the Western Conference; even if Anthony remains a Nugget after the trade deadline, Denver will need Billups to be at his best in order to make the playoffs.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30