Feb 8, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
With the Carmelo/Bynum rumors swirling about, it’s another strange day to be a Nuggets fan, but there is some good news for the Denver faithful. Courtesy of the Denver Post’s Chris Dempsey:
Chauncey Billups strained his left knee Monday night, but an MRI today revealed no further damage to the Denver Nuggets guard, the team said.
Billups is listed as day-to-day, and his availability for Wednesday’s game against Golden State in Oakland will be determined before game time.
Billups left Monday’s loss against Houston in the second quarter and did not return to the court.
The Nuggets currently have the highest offensive efficiency rating in basketball, and Billups has been the one running the show for them. Denver is currently holding onto the 7th playoff spot in the Western Conference; even if Anthony remains a Nugget after the trade deadline, Denver will need Billups to be at his best in order to make the playoffs.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30