Feb 8, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
With the Carmelo/Bynum rumors swirling about, it’s another strange day to be a Nuggets fan, but there is some good news for the Denver faithful. Courtesy of the Denver Post’s Chris Dempsey:
Chauncey Billups strained his left knee Monday night, but an MRI today revealed no further damage to the Denver Nuggets guard, the team said.
Billups is listed as day-to-day, and his availability for Wednesday’s game against Golden State in Oakland will be determined before game time.
Billups left Monday’s loss against Houston in the second quarter and did not return to the court.
The Nuggets currently have the highest offensive efficiency rating in basketball, and Billups has been the one running the show for them. Denver is currently holding onto the 7th playoff spot in the Western Conference; even if Anthony remains a Nugget after the trade deadline, Denver will need Billups to be at his best in order to make the playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8