Feb 8, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
With the Carmelo/Bynum rumors swirling about, it’s another strange day to be a Nuggets fan, but there is some good news for the Denver faithful. Courtesy of the Denver Post’s Chris Dempsey:
Chauncey Billups strained his left knee Monday night, but an MRI today revealed no further damage to the Denver Nuggets guard, the team said.
Billups is listed as day-to-day, and his availability for Wednesday’s game against Golden State in Oakland will be determined before game time.
Billups left Monday’s loss against Houston in the second quarter and did not return to the court.
The Nuggets currently have the highest offensive efficiency rating in basketball, and Billups has been the one running the show for them. Denver is currently holding onto the 7th playoff spot in the Western Conference; even if Anthony remains a Nugget after the trade deadline, Denver will need Billups to be at his best in order to make the playoffs.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)