Feb 8, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
Corey Brewer is the latest in a long and proud line of players to have his name dragged into the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. Really, it’s almost a right of passage in the NBA at this point everyone has done it.
Except that if this ‘Melo deal fall through, too, Brewer is still likely to get traded, according to Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Expect the Wolves to try to trade him by the Feb. 24 deadline. They’re looking to get something of value for a guy it sure seems like they’ve decided isn’t part of their future, not after not talking contract extension with him last fall.
Right now any other talks are likely on hold as the latest ‘Melodrama plays out. We don’t know where you’ll be in a couple weeks, but Corey it’s safe to start packing your bags.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30