Feb 8, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Corey Brewer is the latest in a long and proud line of players to have his name dragged into the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. Really, it’s almost a right of passage in the NBA at this point everyone has done it.
Except that if this ‘Melo deal fall through, too, Brewer is still likely to get traded, according to Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Expect the Wolves to try to trade him by the Feb. 24 deadline. They’re looking to get something of value for a guy it sure seems like they’ve decided isn’t part of their future, not after not talking contract extension with him last fall.
Right now any other talks are likely on hold as the latest ‘Melodrama plays out. We don’t know where you’ll be in a couple weeks, but Corey it’s safe to start packing your bags.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16