Feb 8, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Corey Brewer is the latest in a long and proud line of players to have his name dragged into the Carmelo Anthony trade talks. Really, it’s almost a right of passage in the NBA at this point everyone has done it.
Except that if this ‘Melo deal fall through, too, Brewer is still likely to get traded, according to Jerry Zgoda at the Star Tribune.
Expect the Wolves to try to trade him by the Feb. 24 deadline. They’re looking to get something of value for a guy it sure seems like they’ve decided isn’t part of their future, not after not talking contract extension with him last fall.
Right now any other talks are likely on hold as the latest ‘Melodrama plays out. We don’t know where you’ll be in a couple weeks, but Corey it’s safe to start packing your bags.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 34
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars