Feb 7, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson has lost $172,000 this season in fines and unpaid salary for his 11 technicals and one suspension. That is supposed to be a deterrent.
Jackson laughs at your deterrent. And he is going to keep berating refs for their lousy calls, as he told the Associated Press.
“No, I get techs because I want to. I don’t care,” Jackson said Sunday. “I’m not getting techs for no reason. It happens….
“My reputation is the main reason why a lot of things don’t go my way on the court,” Jackson said. “I can’t really pout about it and complain about it. I know I put myself in those situations. I went in the stands. I had those incidents off the court and I’ve got to be responsible for them. I just have to be professional and try to get through it.”
If he doesn’t mind the fines, he can keep arguing and paying. But the margin of error for the Bobcats is small, they are fighting for a playoff spot, so as he lags behind plays at times arguing calls he’s hurting the team.
But I’m an old-school fool that way. And if you’re defiant in the face of $172K in fines and Michael Jordan yelling at you, nothing I write matters a lick. So, argue away.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7