Feb 7, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
We told you Friday former Maverick (and Clipper and Rocket) Steve Novak was headed to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns to try and play his way back into an NBA contract.
Novak played just two games for Reno but averaged 18.5 points per game. Novak is a career 40.6 percent three-point shooter and provides some height as well at 6’10”.
No franchise in the league is better at picking guys like Novak up and fitting them into roles where they can succeed. They have a reputation for finding hidden gems, but it really is about the Spurs finding guys who fit roles in their system very well. We’ll see if Novak can be another one of those.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48