Feb 7, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
We told you Friday former Maverick (and Clipper and Rocket) Steve Novak was headed to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns to try and play his way back into an NBA contract.
Novak played just two games for Reno but averaged 18.5 points per game. Novak is a career 40.6 percent three-point shooter and provides some height as well at 6’10”.
No franchise in the league is better at picking guys like Novak up and fitting them into roles where they can succeed. They have a reputation for finding hidden gems, but it really is about the Spurs finding guys who fit roles in their system very well. We’ll see if Novak can be another one of those.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38