Feb 7, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
We told you Friday former Maverick (and Clipper and Rocket) Steve Novak was headed to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns to try and play his way back into an NBA contract.
Novak played just two games for Reno but averaged 18.5 points per game. Novak is a career 40.6 percent three-point shooter and provides some height as well at 6’10”.
No franchise in the league is better at picking guys like Novak up and fitting them into roles where they can succeed. They have a reputation for finding hidden gems, but it really is about the Spurs finding guys who fit roles in their system very well. We’ll see if Novak can be another one of those.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12