Feb 7, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
We told you Friday former Maverick (and Clipper and Rocket) Steve Novak was headed to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns to try and play his way back into an NBA contract.
Novak played just two games for Reno but averaged 18.5 points per game. Novak is a career 40.6 percent three-point shooter and provides some height as well at 6’10”.
No franchise in the league is better at picking guys like Novak up and fitting them into roles where they can succeed. They have a reputation for finding hidden gems, but it really is about the Spurs finding guys who fit roles in their system very well. We’ll see if Novak can be another one of those.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 1
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 23
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)