Feb 7, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.
We told you Friday former Maverick (and Clipper and Rocket) Steve Novak was headed to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns to try and play his way back into an NBA contract.
Novak played just two games for Reno but averaged 18.5 points per game. Novak is a career 40.6 percent three-point shooter and provides some height as well at 6’10”.
No franchise in the league is better at picking guys like Novak up and fitting them into roles where they can succeed. They have a reputation for finding hidden gems, but it really is about the Spurs finding guys who fit roles in their system very well. We’ll see if Novak can be another one of those.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7