Feb 7, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Smart move by the Dallas Mavericks, making Peja Stojakovic active for a scrimmage in his first game. That way there is no pressure on him.
Stojakovic was signed by the Mavericks Jan. 24, just days after he was bought out by the Raptors, and also just days after Caron Butler went down for the season leaving Dallas looking for more guys to play the three. However, he has been sidelined with knee issues since the signing.
There seem to be high expectations for what Stojakovic can bring to the Mavericks at the three. Oddly. This is a guy who in the past two seasons couldn’t get regular time on the Hornets or Raptors. He can still shoot the three ball — 48.4 percent in limited opportunities this season, 37.5 percent last season — but what else can he bring? Will he be able to defend well enough to stay on the floor? Can he put the ball on the floor, do any shot creation that Butler brought to the Mavs.
At least there won’t be a lot of pressure on him in his first outing.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6