Feb 7, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Some good news, the Celtics Marquis Daniels has been released and come home from the hospital.
According to the official Celtics twitter account, “He was reported to have been joking and in good spirits.”
Daniels collapsed early in the second quarter Sunday in the Celtics victory over the Magic. Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas, got the ball and faced up on him, then tried a sweep-though move and as he did his head bumped into Arenas’ chest and arm.
Daniels has a medical condition in his spine where that kind of hit — even if it is not that hard — can cause brief paralysis. It did and Daniels collapsed to the ground. He was taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.
He was later diagnosed with a bruised spine and he will be out one month at least. But he is healthy and home, and that’s all that really matters.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 15
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 5
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 46
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay