Feb 7, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Some good news, the Celtics Marquis Daniels has been released and come home from the hospital.
According to the official Celtics twitter account, “He was reported to have been joking and in good spirits.”
Daniels collapsed early in the second quarter Sunday in the Celtics victory over the Magic. Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas, got the ball and faced up on him, then tried a sweep-though move and as he did his head bumped into Arenas’ chest and arm.
Daniels has a medical condition in his spine where that kind of hit — even if it is not that hard — can cause brief paralysis. It did and Daniels collapsed to the ground. He was taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.
He was later diagnosed with a bruised spine and he will be out one month at least. But he is healthy and home, and that’s all that really matters.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9