Feb 7, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Some good news, the Celtics Marquis Daniels has been released and come home from the hospital.
According to the official Celtics twitter account, “He was reported to have been joking and in good spirits.”
Daniels collapsed early in the second quarter Sunday in the Celtics victory over the Magic. Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas, got the ball and faced up on him, then tried a sweep-though move and as he did his head bumped into Arenas’ chest and arm.
Daniels has a medical condition in his spine where that kind of hit — even if it is not that hard — can cause brief paralysis. It did and Daniels collapsed to the ground. He was taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.
He was later diagnosed with a bruised spine and he will be out one month at least. But he is healthy and home, and that’s all that really matters.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37