Feb 7, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Some good news, the Celtics Marquis Daniels has been released and come home from the hospital.
According to the official Celtics twitter account, “He was reported to have been joking and in good spirits.”
Daniels collapsed early in the second quarter Sunday in the Celtics victory over the Magic. Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas, got the ball and faced up on him, then tried a sweep-though move and as he did his head bumped into Arenas’ chest and arm.
Daniels has a medical condition in his spine where that kind of hit — even if it is not that hard — can cause brief paralysis. It did and Daniels collapsed to the ground. He was taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.
He was later diagnosed with a bruised spine and he will be out one month at least. But he is healthy and home, and that’s all that really matters.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11