Feb 7, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Some good news, the Celtics Marquis Daniels has been released and come home from the hospital.
According to the official Celtics twitter account, “He was reported to have been joking and in good spirits.”
Daniels collapsed early in the second quarter Sunday in the Celtics victory over the Magic. Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas, got the ball and faced up on him, then tried a sweep-though move and as he did his head bumped into Arenas’ chest and arm.
Daniels has a medical condition in his spine where that kind of hit — even if it is not that hard — can cause brief paralysis. It did and Daniels collapsed to the ground. He was taken off the court on a stretcher and rushed to a local hospital.
He was later diagnosed with a bruised spine and he will be out one month at least. But he is healthy and home, and that’s all that really matters.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3