Feb 7, 2011, 12:27 AM EDT
What you missed while watching the Black Eyed Peas reenact Tron (that is what they were doing, right?)…
The Celtics beating the Magic was the game of the day (and we’re just now sure how good Orlando really is).
Heat 97, Clippers 79: Both teams started this game out looking sloppy — poor shooting, lots of turnovers. The Clippers shot 31.6 percent and had 11 turnovers in the first half. The difference is the Heat have a couple players who can power through the slop and still get points on the board, and it was Dwyane Wade’s turn Sunday. He was on — when Wade is pulling up knocking down threes early in the clock you know he is feeling it — and he finished with 28.
This game started at 9 a.m. to the Clippers players’ bodies (noon start on the East Coast) and it looked like it as they just couldn’t get going.
Pacers 105, Nets 86: Indiana is attacking and pushing the pace again. That is the one thing Frank Vogel has done as head coach, they are coming hard at teams again, off misses and makes. That overwhelms teams, like it did the Nets. Great performances by Paul George and Dahntay Jones sealed this one away.
Knicks 117, Sixers 103: Second game of a home-and-home, and frankly the Knicks won seven of the eight quarters, but the Sixers won the fourth quarter Friday and got the split. After that game Amar’e Stoudemire chided his teammates about their play and it seemed to have an effect Sunday as the Knicks played with a lot of energy. Landry Fields had 25 and was knocking down threes. What a steal he has been. Elton Brand with 28 points on 10-of-14 shooting, he really is playing better than people realize this season.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23