Feb 7, 2011, 12:27 AM EDT
What you missed while watching the Black Eyed Peas reenact Tron (that is what they were doing, right?)…
The Celtics beating the Magic was the game of the day (and we’re just now sure how good Orlando really is).
Heat 97, Clippers 79: Both teams started this game out looking sloppy — poor shooting, lots of turnovers. The Clippers shot 31.6 percent and had 11 turnovers in the first half. The difference is the Heat have a couple players who can power through the slop and still get points on the board, and it was Dwyane Wade’s turn Sunday. He was on — when Wade is pulling up knocking down threes early in the clock you know he is feeling it — and he finished with 28.
This game started at 9 a.m. to the Clippers players’ bodies (noon start on the East Coast) and it looked like it as they just couldn’t get going.
Pacers 105, Nets 86: Indiana is attacking and pushing the pace again. That is the one thing Frank Vogel has done as head coach, they are coming hard at teams again, off misses and makes. That overwhelms teams, like it did the Nets. Great performances by Paul George and Dahntay Jones sealed this one away.
Knicks 117, Sixers 103: Second game of a home-and-home, and frankly the Knicks won seven of the eight quarters, but the Sixers won the fourth quarter Friday and got the split. After that game Amar’e Stoudemire chided his teammates about their play and it seemed to have an effect Sunday as the Knicks played with a lot of energy. Landry Fields had 25 and was knocking down threes. What a steal he has been. Elton Brand with 28 points on 10-of-14 shooting, he really is playing better than people realize this season.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73