Feb 6, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Last week, Rip Hamilton was deactivated. Most thought he’d never play again in a Pistons uniform. I certainly never thought he’d play again in a Pistons uniform. Most, and I, were wrong.
In our defense, however, we weren’t the only ones surprised by Hamilton’s on-court appearance. Hamilton himself was shocked he was going in. From the Detroit Free Press:
“It was kinda like ‘Is this a joke? Is somebody playing a joke on me?’ ” Hamilton said. “I thought it was a joke. I had no idea. No idea. Just yesterday I was inactive.
“I thought that was sign that it was my last time ever playing in a Pistons uniform.”
The Freep also reports that Hamilton rolled his eyes when Kuester told him to come in, so it’s not like everything’s all peachy keen. Hamilton did score 15 points when he came in, so it’s not like he’s lost a huge step. This isn’t Allen Iverson or Tracy McGrady here. The guy can still do what he does.
The only question is whether this was a showcase for trade value or the start of mending fences. And I don’t think anyone sees a hammer or nails in Kuester’s hand.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31