Feb 6, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal couldn’t play against Orlando Sunday, when Boston could have used him to match up on Dwight Howard. He will not suit up Monday against the Bobcats, either.
Shaq has had a hip issue, an Achilles’ injury and a number of other bumps and bruises. He has missed five of the Celtics last eight. Also out is Jermaine O’Neal who may not be back for a couple months.
With Kendrick Perkins back Boston may have Shaq miss the three games after Monday before the All-Star break — Boston’s MO has been to rest guys in the regular season to make sure they are ready for the playoffs. It would mean more burn for Semih Erden, and I think we all have been rooting for that (mostly for the comedy factor).
All that said said, one of those games Shaq would miss is against the Lakers. If there were one game he would want to be back for…
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10