Feb 6, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal couldn’t play against Orlando Sunday, when Boston could have used him to match up on Dwight Howard. He will not suit up Monday against the Bobcats, either.
Shaq has had a hip issue, an Achilles’ injury and a number of other bumps and bruises. He has missed five of the Celtics last eight. Also out is Jermaine O’Neal who may not be back for a couple months.
With Kendrick Perkins back Boston may have Shaq miss the three games after Monday before the All-Star break — Boston’s MO has been to rest guys in the regular season to make sure they are ready for the playoffs. It would mean more burn for Semih Erden, and I think we all have been rooting for that (mostly for the comedy factor).
All that said said, one of those games Shaq would miss is against the Lakers. If there were one game he would want to be back for…
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)