Feb 6, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal couldn’t play against Orlando Sunday, when Boston could have used him to match up on Dwight Howard. He will not suit up Monday against the Bobcats, either.
Shaq has had a hip issue, an Achilles’ injury and a number of other bumps and bruises. He has missed five of the Celtics last eight. Also out is Jermaine O’Neal who may not be back for a couple months.
With Kendrick Perkins back Boston may have Shaq miss the three games after Monday before the All-Star break — Boston’s MO has been to rest guys in the regular season to make sure they are ready for the playoffs. It would mean more burn for Semih Erden, and I think we all have been rooting for that (mostly for the comedy factor).
All that said said, one of those games Shaq would miss is against the Lakers. If there were one game he would want to be back for…
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 14
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0