Feb 6, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal couldn’t play against Orlando Sunday, when Boston could have used him to match up on Dwight Howard. He will not suit up Monday against the Bobcats, either.
Shaq has had a hip issue, an Achilles’ injury and a number of other bumps and bruises. He has missed five of the Celtics last eight. Also out is Jermaine O’Neal who may not be back for a couple months.
With Kendrick Perkins back Boston may have Shaq miss the three games after Monday before the All-Star break — Boston’s MO has been to rest guys in the regular season to make sure they are ready for the playoffs. It would mean more burn for Semih Erden, and I think we all have been rooting for that (mostly for the comedy factor).
All that said said, one of those games Shaq would miss is against the Lakers. If there were one game he would want to be back for…
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 0
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 5
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 53
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2