Feb 6, 2011, 9:36 PM EDT
UPDATE #2 9:36 pm: Celtics team physician, Dr. Brian McKeon, said after the game that the team (and Daniels’ previous teams) were aware of spinal issues and that this was a more severe reaction of things that had happened before.
UPDATE 5:23 pm: Marquis Daniels has a bruised spinal cord, Danny Ainge and the team doctor told the media after the game. He will spend the night in the hospital and have a CAT scan Monday.
He is out indefinitely and that likely will mean a month or more, officials said. He did not sustain a concussion on the play.
3:27 pm: Boston’s Marquis Daniels collapsed on the court in a game against the Magic and had to be taken off on a stretcher Sunday afternoon.
He was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for “evaluation of a neck injury.” He was conscious and talking and did give a thumbs up leaving the court.
Just a minute into the second quarter, Daniels was trying to post up Gilbert Arenas on the right block, got the ball, faced up and went with a sweep move to the right. His face collided with Arena’s arm and snapped to the right. It didn’t appear that violent a contact, but Daniels immediately collapsed to the floor.
He did not move but his eyes were open and he appeared conscious.
He was taken off the floor on a stretcher and was on his way to the hospital minutes later.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3