Feb 6, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
There shouldn’t be anyway this is true, but sadly, for Blazer fans, it is. In the course of sending the Cavaliers to the worst single-season losing streak in NBA history, Samardo Samuels‘ elbow made contact with Blazer center Dante Cunningham‘s face. He started bleeding and was taken back to the locker room for examination. He didn’t return. Later, Cunningham tweeted the following photo, along with a reference to a “broken face.” . Warning: It ain’t pretty.
The good news? It wasn’t his knee, which would have made it the sixth knee injury for Portland this season. However, here is the complete list of Blazers who have played center and have missed time due to injury this year: Joel Przybilla, Marcus Camby, Greg Oden, Jeff Pendergraph, Dante Cunningham. Six guys, missed at least some time, most of them significant.
This is getting ridiculous.
No, wait, we passed ridiculous a long time ago and now we’re in that town that is offended because Ridiculous isn’t nearly as ridiculous as it is.
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 0
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 2
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 9
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)