Feb 6, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
There shouldn’t be anyway this is true, but sadly, for Blazer fans, it is. In the course of sending the Cavaliers to the worst single-season losing streak in NBA history, Samardo Samuels‘ elbow made contact with Blazer center Dante Cunningham‘s face. He started bleeding and was taken back to the locker room for examination. He didn’t return. Later, Cunningham tweeted the following photo, along with a reference to a “broken face.” . Warning: It ain’t pretty.
The good news? It wasn’t his knee, which would have made it the sixth knee injury for Portland this season. However, here is the complete list of Blazers who have played center and have missed time due to injury this year: Joel Przybilla, Marcus Camby, Greg Oden, Jeff Pendergraph, Dante Cunningham. Six guys, missed at least some time, most of them significant.
This is getting ridiculous.
No, wait, we passed ridiculous a long time ago and now we’re in that town that is offended because Ridiculous isn’t nearly as ridiculous as it is.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8