Feb 6, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
There shouldn’t be anyway this is true, but sadly, for Blazer fans, it is. In the course of sending the Cavaliers to the worst single-season losing streak in NBA history, Samardo Samuels‘ elbow made contact with Blazer center Dante Cunningham‘s face. He started bleeding and was taken back to the locker room for examination. He didn’t return. Later, Cunningham tweeted the following photo, along with a reference to a “broken face.” . Warning: It ain’t pretty.
The good news? It wasn’t his knee, which would have made it the sixth knee injury for Portland this season. However, here is the complete list of Blazers who have played center and have missed time due to injury this year: Joel Przybilla, Marcus Camby, Greg Oden, Jeff Pendergraph, Dante Cunningham. Six guys, missed at least some time, most of them significant.
This is getting ridiculous.
No, wait, we passed ridiculous a long time ago and now we’re in that town that is offended because Ridiculous isn’t nearly as ridiculous as it is.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6