Feb 5, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I like that we get to spend our weekends like this, don’t you? Each weekend you can get up, have your coffee, read the paper that you don’t get because you get the internet so why would you get a paper? And we go over what jackass thing Kevin Garnett did the night before. It’s like clockwork, only if clockwork involved a 34-year-old man who acted like he can’t control his own behavior, because he’s too “intense.”
It’s a tradition, really.
Apparently Garnett read what we wrote about last week in regards to him somehow avoiding a suspension despite hitting Channing Frye in the junk, and thought “Well, if I got away with that, let’s see how I can skirt things this weekend.”
In the Celtics loss to the Mavericks Friday night, Garnett was given a hard foul by Jose Juan Barrea. Barrea didn’t go for the head or anything, because, honestly, he can’t reach that high. He kept his arm on him to try and stop his momentum and avoid hurting Garnett. Garnett, being Garnett, swung his elbow up and in doing so slightly shoved Barrea forward. Not cool, but typical Garnett behavior, no biggie.
Here’s the good part. Check the video.
Garnett apparently said to himself “Self, you got away with hitting someone in the junk last week, without any punishment beyond the ejection. Let’s see if we can put our hands on an official and slap his hands off us and get away with it.” Garnett slaps the official who’s trying to calm him down’s hands off him. Twice.
Garnett doesn’t have a nationally televised game against the biggest market team in the league in a Finals rematched Sunday, so you can expect him to possibly receive punishment for this. But whatever he gets will not be what Dwight Howard or Amare’ Stoudemire would get, because it’s KG. And everyone loves KG. Because he’s “intense.”
Or maybe they won’t just to really flaunt the whole thing. Good times.
(HT: Outside the NBA)
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 0
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6