Feb 5, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I like that we get to spend our weekends like this, don’t you? Each weekend you can get up, have your coffee, read the paper that you don’t get because you get the internet so why would you get a paper? And we go over what jackass thing Kevin Garnett did the night before. It’s like clockwork, only if clockwork involved a 34-year-old man who acted like he can’t control his own behavior, because he’s too “intense.”
It’s a tradition, really.
Apparently Garnett read what we wrote about last week in regards to him somehow avoiding a suspension despite hitting Channing Frye in the junk, and thought “Well, if I got away with that, let’s see how I can skirt things this weekend.”
In the Celtics loss to the Mavericks Friday night, Garnett was given a hard foul by Jose Juan Barrea. Barrea didn’t go for the head or anything, because, honestly, he can’t reach that high. He kept his arm on him to try and stop his momentum and avoid hurting Garnett. Garnett, being Garnett, swung his elbow up and in doing so slightly shoved Barrea forward. Not cool, but typical Garnett behavior, no biggie.
Here’s the good part. Check the video.
Garnett apparently said to himself “Self, you got away with hitting someone in the junk last week, without any punishment beyond the ejection. Let’s see if we can put our hands on an official and slap his hands off us and get away with it.” Garnett slaps the official who’s trying to calm him down’s hands off him. Twice.
Garnett doesn’t have a nationally televised game against the biggest market team in the league in a Finals rematched Sunday, so you can expect him to possibly receive punishment for this. But whatever he gets will not be what Dwight Howard or Amare’ Stoudemire would get, because it’s KG. And everyone loves KG. Because he’s “intense.”
Or maybe they won’t just to really flaunt the whole thing. Good times.
(HT: Outside the NBA)
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)