Feb 5, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Charlie Bell really hasn’t been part of the rotation in Golden State — he has played in just two of the last 10 games for a total of 7 minutes — and this is not going to help endear him to the coaches and front office.
Bell was arrested early Friday morning (late Thursday night) on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Golden State General Manager Larry Riley released this statement:
“We are aware of the incident in which Charlie Bell was arrested on suspicion of a DUI early Friday morning and have informed the league office of the situation as we know it. We are obviously disappointed that one of our players would put himself in a questionable position — regardless of the final outcome — as this is certainly something we do not condone as an organization and take very seriously. As an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment until there is a resolution to this situation.”
“I have been fully cooperative with law enforcement officials during this time and look forward to a resolution to this matter. In the interim, I will let the legal process take its course and will refrain from additional comments at this time.”
There likely will be an official suspension coming from the league.
This is Bell’s seventh season in the league, most of it spent in Milwaukee, but he has not really cracked the rotation in Golden State, having played in just 15 games and basically only in garbage time.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)