Feb 4, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
Throw those four out at the same time and you have guys familiar with each other and guys who can run more complex offensive sets (or defensive help rotations) than the vanilla ones normally seen in an exhibition.
Don’t think East coach Doc Rivers hasn’t thought of that, as he told ESPNBoston.
“I’m going to play them all together. That way we can run offense in the All-Star game and that would be a first.”
But whose is the fifth guy?
“Whoever is closest to free agency,” Rivers joked. “Just to see how it would feel.”
Dwight Howard, we’re just warning you this is coming.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 7
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 11
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22