Feb 4, 2011, 6:44 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade will start against the Charlotte Bobcats tonight. Wade suffered a lower back contusion after colliding with Dwight Howard during Thursday’s Heat-Magic game, and his status for the game against the Bobcats had been questionable.
The last time the Heat played the Bobcats, Wade scored 31 points on 12-20 shooting from the field. The Heat’s first meeting with the Bobcats was the start of one of Wade’s worst stretches of the season: he shot 4-13 from the field, missed the next game, and shot a combined 7-34 in Miami’s next two games.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 12
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65