Feb 4, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
As you are reading this Friday afternoon, the Miami Heat are 2.5 games back of the Boston Celtics for the top seed in the East. The Chicago Bulls are just half a game back of Miami.
“We’re not really focused on that (best record). I’ve won a championship without home court (in 2006). What I really care about is us being healthy, and playing good ball at both ends of the court,” Wade said before the Heat played the Orlando Magic Thursday night. “If we’re seeded 1, 2, or 3, whatever the case, you deal with it….”
“I just want to focus on good basketball, and let that (playoff seeding) take care of itself,” he said. “If we’re playing well, we’ll be fine with wherever we land.”
That’s the attitude you would hope one of your leaders would have (and his experience tells him it’s not necessary). But in what promises to be some tight Eastern Conference come the playoff series, little things are going to matter. Little things like home court.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 19
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 35
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6