Feb 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
The NBA announced this today:
NEW YORK, February 4, 2011 – New Jersey Nets head coach Avery Johnson hasbeen fined $25,000 for improper conduct towards a game official surroundinghis ejection, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive VicePresident, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 7:47 remaining in the third quarter of the Nets’106-92 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Prudential Center in Newark,N.J. on February 2.
Johnson was ejected after arguing a no-call on a Devin Harris turnover that led to a fast-break basket for the 76ers. It was Johnson’s first ejection of the season. The Nets were down by 13 points when Johnson got ejected, and went on to lose the game by a final score of 106-92.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65