Feb 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
The NBA announced this today:
NEW YORK, February 4, 2011 – New Jersey Nets head coach Avery Johnson hasbeen fined $25,000 for improper conduct towards a game official surroundinghis ejection, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive VicePresident, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 7:47 remaining in the third quarter of the Nets’106-92 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Prudential Center in Newark,N.J. on February 2.
Johnson was ejected after arguing a no-call on a Devin Harris turnover that led to a fast-break basket for the 76ers. It was Johnson’s first ejection of the season. The Nets were down by 13 points when Johnson got ejected, and went on to lose the game by a final score of 106-92.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)