Feb 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
The NBA announced this today:
NEW YORK, February 4, 2011 – New Jersey Nets head coach Avery Johnson hasbeen fined $25,000 for improper conduct towards a game official surroundinghis ejection, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive VicePresident, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 7:47 remaining in the third quarter of the Nets’106-92 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Prudential Center in Newark,N.J. on February 2.
Johnson was ejected after arguing a no-call on a Devin Harris turnover that led to a fast-break basket for the 76ers. It was Johnson’s first ejection of the season. The Nets were down by 13 points when Johnson got ejected, and went on to lose the game by a final score of 106-92.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 18
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25