Feb 4, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
The NBA announced this today:
NEW YORK, February 4, 2011 – New Jersey Nets head coach Avery Johnson hasbeen fined $25,000 for improper conduct towards a game official surroundinghis ejection, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive VicePresident, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred with 7:47 remaining in the third quarter of the Nets’106-92 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Prudential Center in Newark,N.J. on February 2.
Johnson was ejected after arguing a no-call on a Devin Harris turnover that led to a fast-break basket for the 76ers. It was Johnson’s first ejection of the season. The Nets were down by 13 points when Johnson got ejected, and went on to lose the game by a final score of 106-92.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 1
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 10
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13