Feb 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
“It’s all publicity and hype,’’ Miller said (of Griffin). “The league don’t appreciate the blue collar workers. They don’t appreciate that. They make their money off the high-flyers … That’s a slap in the face to (Aldridge).’’
What particularly irked Miller, who is in his 12th NBA season, is the selection of Griffin, the Clippers rookie. Griffin is averaging 23.0 points and 12.7 rebounds.
“They are putting this guy on every ESPN highlight. Yeah, it’s cool because fans want to see that, but you isolate him from his team,’’ Miller said. “Especially … he ain’t made nobody better. It’s basically his rookie year, as an All-Star? LeBron James didn’t make an All-Star team as a rookie.’’
Remember that Miller was suspended for a game — ending his 632 consecutive games played streak – when Miller intentionally ran into Griffin when the two teams played earlier this season. Miller said he was standing up for himself after Griffin had twice pushed him in the back.
You know why Griffin is in and Aldridge is out? Because Griffin is having a better season. And he is making guys better.
Griffin is shooting 51.7 percent this season, Aldridge is at 48.7 percent, which is why Griffin is scoring a couple more points per game. Griffin is also grabbing a higher percentage of rebounds when he is on the floor. More to Miller’s point Griffin is also a better passer and nearly double the percentage of his possessions end up in an assist as compared to Aldridge. Summed up — Aldridge has a good (borderline All-Star) PER of 20,8, but Griffin is at a much higher at 23.3.
Griffin is more than highlight dunks. He has the quickest spin move out of the post in the league. His midrange jumper has become good enough that you have to respect it. He plays physical defense. Rookie or no, he’s a legit All-Star.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay