Feb 3, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
Ron Artest being traded or not remains a moot point — no other team is going to take on the three-years, $22 million left on his deal after this season.
“No, definitely not,” he said. “I feel good every day. We’ve got a chance to win multiple championships here…trying to work towards another banner.
“…I’m not frustrated, no matter what happens out there. It’s part of the game.”
“When you lose a bunch of games, a lot of stories start coming out and all the turmoil starts coming out and that’s what happens to back-to-back champions and going to championship four times in a row and you lose these games,’ Artest said. “Those types of stories come out.”
Somebody in the Artest circle is talking because ESPN’s Marc Stein (who broke the first story) is not the only reporter hearing this. Stephen A. Smith, for one, said he heard the same thing and it’s in part because Artest doesn’t like playing with Kobe Bryant.
Artest is right about this — these things come out when a team is losing. Win a few games in a row and it will be nothing but puppy dogs and rainbows around the Lakers.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants