Feb 3, 2011, 11:41 AM EST
With the Trail Blazers realizing it’s time to rethink and restart the team building process everyone is on the trade block. That includes Miller, a quality veteran point guard who could help a lot of teams.
Back before the season Miller said he wanted to stay in the city of bikes, tribal tattoos, coffee shops and microbrews, but now whatever happens, happens, he told FanHouse.
“I don’t really care, really,” Miller said when asked in a FanHouse interview Wednesday whether his hope now is to remain in Portland rather than be traded. “You know what I’m saying? I would like to stay put, but it’s a business and anything can happen.”
When asked if he believes there’s a decent chance he’ll be moved by the Feb. 24 trade deadline, Miller said, “Yeah. Yeah.” ”There’s a chance,” Miller said. “A lot of guys can get moved. Where? I don’t know. At this point, hopefully it’s not a team that’s rebuilding. I wouldn’t want to go back to like a Philly situation.”
Miller was part of a rebuilding team in Philly and like a lot of veterans now wants to be part of a winning franchise.
Ironically in the same article Rudy Fernandez — who threw a tantrum while his agents got him fined trying to get a trade out of Portland this summer — now says he wants to stay. He wants to talk extension. Good for him.
But right now with Portland every option is on the table. Brandon Roy is out and will never be the same, Greg Oden is out and will never be. Those were the cornerstones, so the rebuilding will be from the ground up. And who knows where Miller and Fernandez will land when the building comes down.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36