Feb 2, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
We’ll find out Thursday how many Celtics make the All-Star reserves — it should be four — we know at least one Celtic is going.
Doc Rivers is your official Eastern Conference coach for the All-Star Game. With the Celtics win in Sacramento Tuesday, Boston (37-11) is assured of having the best record in the East on Sunday, which is the cut off date. That means Rivers and his staff have to do some work while most coaches get to relax. Well, as much as NBA coaches ever relax.
Rivers coached the 2008 East All-Stars, and that year the Celtics went on to win the NBA title. Just sayin’.
Rivers will face off against Gregg Popovich is an exhibition that is not exactly a test of coaching prowess on Sunday, Feb. 20 in Los Angeles.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10