Feb 2, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
We’ll find out Thursday how many Celtics make the All-Star reserves — it should be four — we know at least one Celtic is going.
Doc Rivers is your official Eastern Conference coach for the All-Star Game. With the Celtics win in Sacramento Tuesday, Boston (37-11) is assured of having the best record in the East on Sunday, which is the cut off date. That means Rivers and his staff have to do some work while most coaches get to relax. Well, as much as NBA coaches ever relax.
Rivers coached the 2008 East All-Stars, and that year the Celtics went on to win the NBA title. Just sayin’.
Rivers will face off against Gregg Popovich is an exhibition that is not exactly a test of coaching prowess on Sunday, Feb. 20 in Los Angeles.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 0
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36