Feb 2, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
We’ll find out Thursday how many Celtics make the All-Star reserves — it should be four — we know at least one Celtic is going.
Doc Rivers is your official Eastern Conference coach for the All-Star Game. With the Celtics win in Sacramento Tuesday, Boston (37-11) is assured of having the best record in the East on Sunday, which is the cut off date. That means Rivers and his staff have to do some work while most coaches get to relax. Well, as much as NBA coaches ever relax.
Rivers coached the 2008 East All-Stars, and that year the Celtics went on to win the NBA title. Just sayin’.
Rivers will face off against Gregg Popovich is an exhibition that is not exactly a test of coaching prowess on Sunday, Feb. 20 in Los Angeles.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6