Feb 2, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
We’ll find out Thursday how many Celtics make the All-Star reserves — it should be four — we know at least one Celtic is going.
Doc Rivers is your official Eastern Conference coach for the All-Star Game. With the Celtics win in Sacramento Tuesday, Boston (37-11) is assured of having the best record in the East on Sunday, which is the cut off date. That means Rivers and his staff have to do some work while most coaches get to relax. Well, as much as NBA coaches ever relax.
Rivers coached the 2008 East All-Stars, and that year the Celtics went on to win the NBA title. Just sayin’.
Rivers will face off against Gregg Popovich is an exhibition that is not exactly a test of coaching prowess on Sunday, Feb. 20 in Los Angeles.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3