Feb 2, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
We’ll find out Thursday how many Celtics make the All-Star reserves — it should be four — we know at least one Celtic is going.
Doc Rivers is your official Eastern Conference coach for the All-Star Game. With the Celtics win in Sacramento Tuesday, Boston (37-11) is assured of having the best record in the East on Sunday, which is the cut off date. That means Rivers and his staff have to do some work while most coaches get to relax. Well, as much as NBA coaches ever relax.
Rivers coached the 2008 East All-Stars, and that year the Celtics went on to win the NBA title. Just sayin’.
Rivers will face off against Gregg Popovich is an exhibition that is not exactly a test of coaching prowess on Sunday, Feb. 20 in Los Angeles.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49