Feb 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz are not right without Deron Williams. No offense intended Earl Watson, but the offense is sluggish and sloppy with him out. If you’ve seen the Jazz without Williams, it has not been pretty (even if they have won two of three).
It will not be pretty tonight either, when Williams misses a fourth game Wednesday against the Rockets, the Salt Lake Tribune reports. (The Jazz catch a break and get the Rockets on the second night of a back-to-back.)
Williams said he felt a pop when he injured his wrist against the Spurs last week. An MRI showed nothing, but treatments have had no effect. Things are not going better.
Williams said he is now going to see a specialist. Maybe that will provide some answers because the Jazz need him back, their run of below .500 opponents changes starting Friday at Denver.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4