Feb 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
The Utah Jazz are not right without Deron Williams. No offense intended Earl Watson, but the offense is sluggish and sloppy with him out. If you’ve seen the Jazz without Williams, it has not been pretty (even if they have won two of three).
It will not be pretty tonight either, when Williams misses a fourth game Wednesday against the Rockets, the Salt Lake Tribune reports. (The Jazz catch a break and get the Rockets on the second night of a back-to-back.)
Williams said he felt a pop when he injured his wrist against the Spurs last week. An MRI showed nothing, but treatments have had no effect. Things are not going better.
Williams said he is now going to see a specialist. Maybe that will provide some answers because the Jazz need him back, their run of below .500 opponents changes starting Friday at Denver.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11