Feb 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
The Bucks just cannot seem to catch a break. Or, they are catching too many breaks.
Power forward Drew Gooden will be out for the next 4-to-6 weeks due to ongoing plantar fasciitis in his left foot, the team announced
Gooden had missed the last six games (and 21 overall this season) due to this and rather than keep fighting through it he will get treatment. Which makes more sense than watching him limp through games and not produce at the level expected of a guy who just signed a five-year, $32 million deal.
But this is just the latest in a long line of Bucks injuries this season that have kept the team from performing to the level many expected.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14