Feb 1, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
After the Raptors laid an egg and kindly helped Frank Vogel look good in his debut as the interim coach for the Indiana Pacers, they had a flight to catch. They needed to get to Atlanta and give that team the confidence boost of an easy win.
Except they can’t.
The snow storm that had pummeled a third of the nation Monday sent the Raptors from the airport back to their hotel as their was no way for their flight to Atlanta to take off. Fortunately Tuesday is supposed to be an off day for the Pacers, who play the Hawks Wednesday night, so they can try again.
Indianapolis is expected to have freezing rain all day, the Raptors will try to get out of town and get to Atlanta where it is just raining. The bright side: As cold as Indy is, it’s still 30 degrees warmer than Toronto.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?