Feb 1, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
After the Raptors laid an egg and kindly helped Frank Vogel look good in his debut as the interim coach for the Indiana Pacers, they had a flight to catch. They needed to get to Atlanta and give that team the confidence boost of an easy win.
Except they can’t.
The snow storm that had pummeled a third of the nation Monday sent the Raptors from the airport back to their hotel as their was no way for their flight to Atlanta to take off. Fortunately Tuesday is supposed to be an off day for the Pacers, who play the Hawks Wednesday night, so they can try again.
Indianapolis is expected to have freezing rain all day, the Raptors will try to get out of town and get to Atlanta where it is just raining. The bright side: As cold as Indy is, it’s still 30 degrees warmer than Toronto.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 49
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18