Feb 1, 2011, 8:36 AM EST
After the Raptors laid an egg and kindly helped Frank Vogel look good in his debut as the interim coach for the Indiana Pacers, they had a flight to catch. They needed to get to Atlanta and give that team the confidence boost of an easy win.
Except they can’t.
The snow storm that had pummeled a third of the nation Monday sent the Raptors from the airport back to their hotel as their was no way for their flight to Atlanta to take off. Fortunately Tuesday is supposed to be an off day for the Pacers, who play the Hawks Wednesday night, so they can try again.
Indianapolis is expected to have freezing rain all day, the Raptors will try to get out of town and get to Atlanta where it is just raining. The bright side: As cold as Indy is, it’s still 30 degrees warmer than Toronto.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13