Feb 1, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
After the Raptors laid an egg and kindly helped Frank Vogel look good in his debut as the interim coach for the Indiana Pacers, they had a flight to catch. They needed to get to Atlanta and give that team the confidence boost of an easy win.
Except they can’t.
The snow storm that had pummeled a third of the nation Monday sent the Raptors from the airport back to their hotel as their was no way for their flight to Atlanta to take off. Fortunately Tuesday is supposed to be an off day for the Pacers, who play the Hawks Wednesday night, so they can try again.
Indianapolis is expected to have freezing rain all day, the Raptors will try to get out of town and get to Atlanta where it is just raining. The bright side: As cold as Indy is, it’s still 30 degrees warmer than Toronto.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 13
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 33
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28