Feb 1, 2011, 8:36 AM EDT
After the Raptors laid an egg and kindly helped Frank Vogel look good in his debut as the interim coach for the Indiana Pacers, they had a flight to catch. They needed to get to Atlanta and give that team the confidence boost of an easy win.
Except they can’t.
The snow storm that had pummeled a third of the nation Monday sent the Raptors from the airport back to their hotel as their was no way for their flight to Atlanta to take off. Fortunately Tuesday is supposed to be an off day for the Pacers, who play the Hawks Wednesday night, so they can try again.
Indianapolis is expected to have freezing rain all day, the Raptors will try to get out of town and get to Atlanta where it is just raining. The bright side: As cold as Indy is, it’s still 30 degrees warmer than Toronto.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20