Feb 1, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Is there any more dreaded part All-Star weekend than the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game? No, not even close. I’d rather watch Kwame Brown doing the skills competition.
But this year — Bieber fever.
Tons of tween girls will tune into that station Daddy watches — ESPN — at 7 p.m. Feb. 17 to see Justin Bieber, Common and Rob Kardashian take on a bunch of old basketball players. What, you don’t think that’s exactly how the tweens see it?
The lineup of players for this year’s event include Magic Johnson (who now moves only slightly faster than his statue in front of Staples), Zach Levi (“Chuck”), Scottie Pippen, Bill Walton (will his ankles hold up for a short exhibition game?), AC Green. B.J. Armstrong, Chris Mullin, Jalen Rose, Jimmy Kimmel (“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”), Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”), Jason Alexander (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Bill Simmons (ESPN.com “Sports Guy” columnist). Other players, including WNBA stars, will be added later.
The only thing worth watching of Friday night of All-Star weekend is the rookie/sophomore game, and if you missed that to catch up on episodes of Merlin we’d understand. But as a service to you with tween daughters — or who are closet Bieber fans — we are passing this along.
All the All-Star events will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48