Feb 1, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Is there any more dreaded part All-Star weekend than the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game? No, not even close. I’d rather watch Kwame Brown doing the skills competition.
But this year — Bieber fever.
Tons of tween girls will tune into that station Daddy watches — ESPN — at 7 p.m. Feb. 17 to see Justin Bieber, Common and Rob Kardashian take on a bunch of old basketball players. What, you don’t think that’s exactly how the tweens see it?
The lineup of players for this year’s event include Magic Johnson (who now moves only slightly faster than his statue in front of Staples), Zach Levi (“Chuck”), Scottie Pippen, Bill Walton (will his ankles hold up for a short exhibition game?), AC Green. B.J. Armstrong, Chris Mullin, Jalen Rose, Jimmy Kimmel (“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”), Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”), Jason Alexander (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Bill Simmons (ESPN.com “Sports Guy” columnist). Other players, including WNBA stars, will be added later.
The only thing worth watching of Friday night of All-Star weekend is the rookie/sophomore game, and if you missed that to catch up on episodes of Merlin we’d understand. But as a service to you with tween daughters — or who are closet Bieber fans — we are passing this along.
All the All-Star events will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 19
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 56
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 30
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0