Jan 31, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson is going to miss a game or two for the Cavaliers due to a left quad injury. Rather than having a bobblehead night promotion, the Cavs are almost at the point where one lucky fan will get to play backup point guard for a night.
Orlando is 1-4 in January against teams over .500 (and the win was against a Dallas team without Dirk).
One of the biggest problems the Lakers had Sunday is that Paul Pierce absolutely dominated Ron Artest. At both ends of the floor. Pierce had 32 points, Artest was 1-10 shooting. The Lakers miss Matt Barnes.
The Lakers have 34 games left and 23 are against teams with a record of .500 or better.
Things that would have made the Western Conference playoffs interesting: Anderson Varejao to the Thunder. That trade was discussed but Varejao’s season-ending ankle injury killed it (for now).
Firing Pacers coach Jim O’Brien was owner Herb Simon’s call.
What’s a new coach in Indiana going to mean? More Paul George, for one.
Before he was suspended for 10 games, O.J. Mayo was linked to a possible trade to the Clippers (who really want a wing player like Mayo). That may or may not be dead now but you won’t see it until the offseason.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 45
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11