Jan 31, 2011, 9:38 AM EST
Daniel Gibson is going to miss a game or two for the Cavaliers due to a left quad injury. Rather than having a bobblehead night promotion, the Cavs are almost at the point where one lucky fan will get to play backup point guard for a night.
Orlando is 1-4 in January against teams over .500 (and the win was against a Dallas team without Dirk).
One of the biggest problems the Lakers had Sunday is that Paul Pierce absolutely dominated Ron Artest. At both ends of the floor. Pierce had 32 points, Artest was 1-10 shooting. The Lakers miss Matt Barnes.
The Lakers have 34 games left and 23 are against teams with a record of .500 or better.
Things that would have made the Western Conference playoffs interesting: Anderson Varejao to the Thunder. That trade was discussed but Varejao’s season-ending ankle injury killed it (for now).
Firing Pacers coach Jim O’Brien was owner Herb Simon’s call.
What’s a new coach in Indiana going to mean? More Paul George, for one.
Before he was suspended for 10 games, O.J. Mayo was linked to a possible trade to the Clippers (who really want a wing player like Mayo). That may or may not be dead now but you won’t see it until the offseason.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5