Jan 31, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson is going to miss a game or two for the Cavaliers due to a left quad injury. Rather than having a bobblehead night promotion, the Cavs are almost at the point where one lucky fan will get to play backup point guard for a night.
Orlando is 1-4 in January against teams over .500 (and the win was against a Dallas team without Dirk).
One of the biggest problems the Lakers had Sunday is that Paul Pierce absolutely dominated Ron Artest. At both ends of the floor. Pierce had 32 points, Artest was 1-10 shooting. The Lakers miss Matt Barnes.
The Lakers have 34 games left and 23 are against teams with a record of .500 or better.
Things that would have made the Western Conference playoffs interesting: Anderson Varejao to the Thunder. That trade was discussed but Varejao’s season-ending ankle injury killed it (for now).
Firing Pacers coach Jim O’Brien was owner Herb Simon’s call.
What’s a new coach in Indiana going to mean? More Paul George, for one.
Before he was suspended for 10 games, O.J. Mayo was linked to a possible trade to the Clippers (who really want a wing player like Mayo). That may or may not be dead now but you won’t see it until the offseason.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3