Jan 31, 2011, 9:38 AM EDT
Daniel Gibson is going to miss a game or two for the Cavaliers due to a left quad injury. Rather than having a bobblehead night promotion, the Cavs are almost at the point where one lucky fan will get to play backup point guard for a night.
Orlando is 1-4 in January against teams over .500 (and the win was against a Dallas team without Dirk).
One of the biggest problems the Lakers had Sunday is that Paul Pierce absolutely dominated Ron Artest. At both ends of the floor. Pierce had 32 points, Artest was 1-10 shooting. The Lakers miss Matt Barnes.
The Lakers have 34 games left and 23 are against teams with a record of .500 or better.
Things that would have made the Western Conference playoffs interesting: Anderson Varejao to the Thunder. That trade was discussed but Varejao’s season-ending ankle injury killed it (for now).
Firing Pacers coach Jim O’Brien was owner Herb Simon’s call.
What’s a new coach in Indiana going to mean? More Paul George, for one.
Before he was suspended for 10 games, O.J. Mayo was linked to a possible trade to the Clippers (who really want a wing player like Mayo). That may or may not be dead now but you won’t see it until the offseason.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23