Jan 31, 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
The question is does Williams want Memphis?
The Grizzlies were going to claim Williams off waivers but he asked them not to and they obliged, according to the Commercial-Appeal. Williams wants to see if there is interest from contending teams or at least ones headed farther into the playoffs than Memphis.
As of today the Grizzlies are in the ninth spot in the West, a game and a half out of the final playoff spot. Of course, earning the seventh or eighth seed means getting the Spurs or Lakers in the first round.
Not sure who else is out there with real interest that would intrigue Williams more than Memphis — and Memphis is not going away in this. They are pursuing Williams at the request of owner Michael Heisley. When an owner wants something, you don’t stop trying.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12