Jan 31, 2011, 9:56 AM EST
The question is does Williams want Memphis?
The Grizzlies were going to claim Williams off waivers but he asked them not to and they obliged, according to the Commercial-Appeal. Williams wants to see if there is interest from contending teams or at least ones headed farther into the playoffs than Memphis.
As of today the Grizzlies are in the ninth spot in the West, a game and a half out of the final playoff spot. Of course, earning the seventh or eighth seed means getting the Spurs or Lakers in the first round.
Not sure who else is out there with real interest that would intrigue Williams more than Memphis — and Memphis is not going away in this. They are pursuing Williams at the request of owner Michael Heisley. When an owner wants something, you don’t stop trying.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9