Jan 31, 2011, 9:56 AM EDT
The question is does Williams want Memphis?
The Grizzlies were going to claim Williams off waivers but he asked them not to and they obliged, according to the Commercial-Appeal. Williams wants to see if there is interest from contending teams or at least ones headed farther into the playoffs than Memphis.
As of today the Grizzlies are in the ninth spot in the West, a game and a half out of the final playoff spot. Of course, earning the seventh or eighth seed means getting the Spurs or Lakers in the first round.
Not sure who else is out there with real interest that would intrigue Williams more than Memphis — and Memphis is not going away in this. They are pursuing Williams at the request of owner Michael Heisley. When an owner wants something, you don’t stop trying.
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 0
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24