Jan 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EST
Orien Greene can play. It was always off-the-court issues that have concerned NBA front offices. Now he is getting another chance to prove he has matured and deserves to stick in the NBA.
Greene averaged 18.0, 5.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game with the Utah Flash this season.
Greene has had past issues with drug tests and car accidents, while playing for the Celtics, Pacers and Kings. He’s trying to prove now that he has matured. He likely will not get a lot of run with the Nets, but it’s a foot in the door. We’ll see what he does with it.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15