Jan 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Orien Greene can play. It was always off-the-court issues that have concerned NBA front offices. Now he is getting another chance to prove he has matured and deserves to stick in the NBA.
Greene averaged 18.0, 5.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game with the Utah Flash this season.
Greene has had past issues with drug tests and car accidents, while playing for the Celtics, Pacers and Kings. He’s trying to prove now that he has matured. He likely will not get a lot of run with the Nets, but it’s a foot in the door. We’ll see what he does with it.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4