Jan 31, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Orien Greene can play. It was always off-the-court issues that have concerned NBA front offices. Now he is getting another chance to prove he has matured and deserves to stick in the NBA.
Greene averaged 18.0, 5.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game with the Utah Flash this season.
Greene has had past issues with drug tests and car accidents, while playing for the Celtics, Pacers and Kings. He’s trying to prove now that he has matured. He likely will not get a lot of run with the Nets, but it’s a foot in the door. We’ll see what he does with it.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6