Jan 31, 2011, 5:56 PM EST
Eddie House‘s three-pointer with 22 seconds left of Sunday’s Heat-Thunder tilt won the game for the Heat, but the Cassell-esque dance he did immediately after making it will cost him as much as most people pay for their cars.
Ira Winderman of the Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that House was not fined for making a similar gesture in the waning moments of Miami’s Friday game against the Detroit Pistons, but Josh Smith was fined for making a “crotch-related gesture” when the Hawks played the Knicks last Friday. Winderman also tweeted that Erik Spolestra said that the gesture “won’t happen again.” That’s probably for the best — now that Sam Cassell has retired, it’s probably time to retire his joyously inappropriate celebration as well.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 7
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)