Jan 31, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
Eddie House‘s three-pointer with 22 seconds left of Sunday’s Heat-Thunder tilt won the game for the Heat, but the Cassell-esque dance he did immediately after making it will cost him as much as most people pay for their cars.
Ira Winderman of the Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that House was not fined for making a similar gesture in the waning moments of Miami’s Friday game against the Detroit Pistons, but Josh Smith was fined for making a “crotch-related gesture” when the Hawks played the Knicks last Friday. Winderman also tweeted that Erik Spolestra said that the gesture “won’t happen again.” That’s probably for the best — now that Sam Cassell has retired, it’s probably time to retire his joyously inappropriate celebration as well.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 0
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32