Jan 31, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
Eddie House‘s three-pointer with 22 seconds left of Sunday’s Heat-Thunder tilt won the game for the Heat, but the Cassell-esque dance he did immediately after making it will cost him as much as most people pay for their cars.
Ira Winderman of the Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that House was not fined for making a similar gesture in the waning moments of Miami’s Friday game against the Detroit Pistons, but Josh Smith was fined for making a “crotch-related gesture” when the Hawks played the Knicks last Friday. Winderman also tweeted that Erik Spolestra said that the gesture “won’t happen again.” That’s probably for the best — now that Sam Cassell has retired, it’s probably time to retire his joyously inappropriate celebration as well.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30