Jan 31, 2011, 5:56 PM EST
Eddie House‘s three-pointer with 22 seconds left of Sunday’s Heat-Thunder tilt won the game for the Heat, but the Cassell-esque dance he did immediately after making it will cost him as much as most people pay for their cars.
Ira Winderman of the Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that House was not fined for making a similar gesture in the waning moments of Miami’s Friday game against the Detroit Pistons, but Josh Smith was fined for making a “crotch-related gesture” when the Hawks played the Knicks last Friday. Winderman also tweeted that Erik Spolestra said that the gesture “won’t happen again.” That’s probably for the best — now that Sam Cassell has retired, it’s probably time to retire his joyously inappropriate celebration as well.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 3
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41