Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Whenever Dallas comes up in a trade rumor the next month, the other team will be asking about Roddy Beaubois, the second-year guard.
Mark Cuban told ESPNDallas don’t bother, he’s not available unless you’re sending a legitimate superstar back.
The Mavs have at least had internal discussions regarding several players such as Charlotte’s Stephen Jackson, Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince and Milwaukee’s Corey Maggette, among others. But, if those clubs have Beaubois at the top of their wish, Cuban says he will tell them to try again.
Dallas is going to look at moves pretty seriously — with Caron Butler healthy they thought they could match up with the Lakers and Spurs. If there is a player that can help them get back to that level they have to consider it.
Any deal will be about saving cash for the other team. Dallas has a lot of big expiring contracts including the injured Butler ($10.8 million), DeShawn Stevenson ($4.15 million) and J.J. Barea ($1.8 million).
But unless the conversation is about Carmelo Anthony or someone of that level, don’t ask about Beaubois.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18