Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Whenever Dallas comes up in a trade rumor the next month, the other team will be asking about Roddy Beaubois, the second-year guard.
Mark Cuban told ESPNDallas don’t bother, he’s not available unless you’re sending a legitimate superstar back.
The Mavs have at least had internal discussions regarding several players such as Charlotte’s Stephen Jackson, Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince and Milwaukee’s Corey Maggette, among others. But, if those clubs have Beaubois at the top of their wish, Cuban says he will tell them to try again.
Dallas is going to look at moves pretty seriously — with Caron Butler healthy they thought they could match up with the Lakers and Spurs. If there is a player that can help them get back to that level they have to consider it.
Any deal will be about saving cash for the other team. Dallas has a lot of big expiring contracts including the injured Butler ($10.8 million), DeShawn Stevenson ($4.15 million) and J.J. Barea ($1.8 million).
But unless the conversation is about Carmelo Anthony or someone of that level, don’t ask about Beaubois.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38