Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Whenever Dallas comes up in a trade rumor the next month, the other team will be asking about Roddy Beaubois, the second-year guard.
Mark Cuban told ESPNDallas don’t bother, he’s not available unless you’re sending a legitimate superstar back.
The Mavs have at least had internal discussions regarding several players such as Charlotte’s Stephen Jackson, Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince and Milwaukee’s Corey Maggette, among others. But, if those clubs have Beaubois at the top of their wish, Cuban says he will tell them to try again.
Dallas is going to look at moves pretty seriously — with Caron Butler healthy they thought they could match up with the Lakers and Spurs. If there is a player that can help them get back to that level they have to consider it.
Any deal will be about saving cash for the other team. Dallas has a lot of big expiring contracts including the injured Butler ($10.8 million), DeShawn Stevenson ($4.15 million) and J.J. Barea ($1.8 million).
But unless the conversation is about Carmelo Anthony or someone of that level, don’t ask about Beaubois.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20