Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 AM EST
Whenever Dallas comes up in a trade rumor the next month, the other team will be asking about Roddy Beaubois, the second-year guard.
Mark Cuban told ESPNDallas don’t bother, he’s not available unless you’re sending a legitimate superstar back.
The Mavs have at least had internal discussions regarding several players such as Charlotte’s Stephen Jackson, Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince and Milwaukee’s Corey Maggette, among others. But, if those clubs have Beaubois at the top of their wish, Cuban says he will tell them to try again.
Dallas is going to look at moves pretty seriously — with Caron Butler healthy they thought they could match up with the Lakers and Spurs. If there is a player that can help them get back to that level they have to consider it.
Any deal will be about saving cash for the other team. Dallas has a lot of big expiring contracts including the injured Butler ($10.8 million), DeShawn Stevenson ($4.15 million) and J.J. Barea ($1.8 million).
But unless the conversation is about Carmelo Anthony or someone of that level, don’t ask about Beaubois.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0