Jan 30, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
The NBA today fined Doc Rivers $15,000 for failing to leave the court in a “timely manner” following his ejection from the Suns game last Friday. Josh Smith was fined $25,000 for making an obscene gesture in the Hawks’ fracas-filled game against New York Friday. The fines come a day after Jackson suspended both Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams for fighting.
I want to make sure you guys have kept up with the attitudes of the league in regards to discipline this weekend. Here’s a little test. You ready?
Wish of the following are worthy of advanced punishment from the league’s front office?
- A. Taking your time
- B. An obscene gesture
- C. Punching people
- D. Hitting someone in the testicles
- E. All of the above
- F. A, B, and C, but NOT D
If you guessed E., congratulations! You’re a sensible person who understands the league’s need to take a hard, but even stance. Unfortunately, you are wrong. Now you’ll never get into college! Better take some pills to help you study.
If you guessed F., congratulations! You’re in tune with the National Basketball Association’s policy regarding punishment! You’re now qualified to ignore the person being robbed at gunpoint while giving citations to jaywalkers. Happy Sunday!
It’s possible that Jackson is waiting to make a further decision on Garnett’s incident, and a fine could be coming shortly. It’s hard to imagine what he could be waiting for before making a decision, though.
In completely unrelated news, the Lakers and Celtics tip off today at 3:30 p.m. EST. Kidding!
UPDATE: Stu Jackson has just fined the author of this post $15,000 just because. He also fined your mother $10k for looking at him funny.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 0
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 5
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 11
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 13
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46