Jan 30, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
The NBA today fined Doc Rivers $15,000 for failing to leave the court in a “timely manner” following his ejection from the Suns game last Friday. Josh Smith was fined $25,000 for making an obscene gesture in the Hawks’ fracas-filled game against New York Friday. The fines come a day after Jackson suspended both Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams for fighting.
I want to make sure you guys have kept up with the attitudes of the league in regards to discipline this weekend. Here’s a little test. You ready?
Wish of the following are worthy of advanced punishment from the league’s front office?
- A. Taking your time
- B. An obscene gesture
- C. Punching people
- D. Hitting someone in the testicles
- E. All of the above
- F. A, B, and C, but NOT D
If you guessed E., congratulations! You’re a sensible person who understands the league’s need to take a hard, but even stance. Unfortunately, you are wrong. Now you’ll never get into college! Better take some pills to help you study.
If you guessed F., congratulations! You’re in tune with the National Basketball Association’s policy regarding punishment! You’re now qualified to ignore the person being robbed at gunpoint while giving citations to jaywalkers. Happy Sunday!
It’s possible that Jackson is waiting to make a further decision on Garnett’s incident, and a fine could be coming shortly. It’s hard to imagine what he could be waiting for before making a decision, though.
In completely unrelated news, the Lakers and Celtics tip off today at 3:30 p.m. EST. Kidding!
UPDATE: Stu Jackson has just fined the author of this post $15,000 just because. He also fined your mother $10k for looking at him funny.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85