Jan 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
So like we said, that fracas last night in the Knicks-Hawks game was was severe enough to land a few suspensions. The NBA has suspended Marvin Williams of the Hawks two games and Shawne Williams of the Knicks one game for ‘scuffling and tuffling’ as I like to imagine Clyde Frazier would say.
The two got into it, but it’s nice that it didn’t escalate. Amar’e Stoudemire and Al Horford actually did a good job of separating their teams, even if Stoudemire apparently had some issues with Horford.
As for who was responsible? Here’s a shocker, both sides blame the other! From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“It kind of escalated so quickly,” Al said. “I was running by and I tried to get in there without getting hit. Marvin is a great guy. Shawne really had to get under his skin for Marvin to react like that, or do something to him.”
And from the New York Daily News:
“Cocking your fist and throwing a punch are totally different,” Shawne said. “I know for a fact that he threw a couple of punches at me.”
Well, then. As long as we’re all being adults about this.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6