Jan 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
So like we said, that fracas last night in the Knicks-Hawks game was was severe enough to land a few suspensions. The NBA has suspended Marvin Williams of the Hawks two games and Shawne Williams of the Knicks one game for ‘scuffling and tuffling’ as I like to imagine Clyde Frazier would say.
The two got into it, but it’s nice that it didn’t escalate. Amar’e Stoudemire and Al Horford actually did a good job of separating their teams, even if Stoudemire apparently had some issues with Horford.
As for who was responsible? Here’s a shocker, both sides blame the other! From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“It kind of escalated so quickly,” Al said. “I was running by and I tried to get in there without getting hit. Marvin is a great guy. Shawne really had to get under his skin for Marvin to react like that, or do something to him.”
And from the New York Daily News:
“Cocking your fist and throwing a punch are totally different,” Shawne said. “I know for a fact that he threw a couple of punches at me.”
Well, then. As long as we’re all being adults about this.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19