Jan 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
So like we said, that fracas last night in the Knicks-Hawks game was was severe enough to land a few suspensions. The NBA has suspended Marvin Williams of the Hawks two games and Shawne Williams of the Knicks one game for ‘scuffling and tuffling’ as I like to imagine Clyde Frazier would say.
The two got into it, but it’s nice that it didn’t escalate. Amar’e Stoudemire and Al Horford actually did a good job of separating their teams, even if Stoudemire apparently had some issues with Horford.
As for who was responsible? Here’s a shocker, both sides blame the other! From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“It kind of escalated so quickly,” Al said. “I was running by and I tried to get in there without getting hit. Marvin is a great guy. Shawne really had to get under his skin for Marvin to react like that, or do something to him.”
And from the New York Daily News:
“Cocking your fist and throwing a punch are totally different,” Shawne said. “I know for a fact that he threw a couple of punches at me.”
Well, then. As long as we’re all being adults about this.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13