Jan 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
So like we said, that fracas last night in the Knicks-Hawks game was was severe enough to land a few suspensions. The NBA has suspended Marvin Williams of the Hawks two games and Shawne Williams of the Knicks one game for ‘scuffling and tuffling’ as I like to imagine Clyde Frazier would say.
The two got into it, but it’s nice that it didn’t escalate. Amar’e Stoudemire and Al Horford actually did a good job of separating their teams, even if Stoudemire apparently had some issues with Horford.
As for who was responsible? Here’s a shocker, both sides blame the other! From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“It kind of escalated so quickly,” Al said. “I was running by and I tried to get in there without getting hit. Marvin is a great guy. Shawne really had to get under his skin for Marvin to react like that, or do something to him.”
And from the New York Daily News:
“Cocking your fist and throwing a punch are totally different,” Shawne said. “I know for a fact that he threw a couple of punches at me.”
Well, then. As long as we’re all being adults about this.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31