Jan 29, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
So like we said, that fracas last night in the Knicks-Hawks game was was severe enough to land a few suspensions. The NBA has suspended Marvin Williams of the Hawks two games and Shawne Williams of the Knicks one game for ‘scuffling and tuffling’ as I like to imagine Clyde Frazier would say.
The two got into it, but it’s nice that it didn’t escalate. Amar’e Stoudemire and Al Horford actually did a good job of separating their teams, even if Stoudemire apparently had some issues with Horford.
As for who was responsible? Here’s a shocker, both sides blame the other! From The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
“It kind of escalated so quickly,” Al said. “I was running by and I tried to get in there without getting hit. Marvin is a great guy. Shawne really had to get under his skin for Marvin to react like that, or do something to him.”
And from the New York Daily News:
“Cocking your fist and throwing a punch are totally different,” Shawne said. “I know for a fact that he threw a couple of punches at me.”
Well, then. As long as we’re all being adults about this.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5