Jan 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Well, no one hit anyone in their junk, but turns out Celtics-Suns wasn’t the only dust-up Friday night. In the fourth quarter of the Hawks’ comfortable win over the Knicks, two players got tangled up, and punches were thrown.
No, the offenders were Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams. Then Landry Fields got involved. Amar’e tried to hold everybody back, and Raymond Felton wound up in there and it was just a mess. Take a look.
So you have to think someone’s going to get suspended over this. Closed-fist swings will almost always get you a game or two, and there’s no star power to cover their trail here. Also interesting was this quote from Amar’e Stoudemire about Al Horford after the game:
“I don’t know what Horford’s thinking. He needs to calm down. He’s not the type of player”.
via Steve Adamek of The Record.
Al Horford versus Amar’e Stoudemire. This is quite possibly the most intellectual feud in the NBA.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13