Jan 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Well, no one hit anyone in their junk, but turns out Celtics-Suns wasn’t the only dust-up Friday night. In the fourth quarter of the Hawks’ comfortable win over the Knicks, two players got tangled up, and punches were thrown.
No, the offenders were Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams. Then Landry Fields got involved. Amar’e tried to hold everybody back, and Raymond Felton wound up in there and it was just a mess. Take a look.
So you have to think someone’s going to get suspended over this. Closed-fist swings will almost always get you a game or two, and there’s no star power to cover their trail here. Also interesting was this quote from Amar’e Stoudemire about Al Horford after the game:
“I don’t know what Horford’s thinking. He needs to calm down. He’s not the type of player”.
via Steve Adamek of The Record.
Al Horford versus Amar’e Stoudemire. This is quite possibly the most intellectual feud in the NBA.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 4
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 23
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 56
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11