Jan 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Well, no one hit anyone in their junk, but turns out Celtics-Suns wasn’t the only dust-up Friday night. In the fourth quarter of the Hawks’ comfortable win over the Knicks, two players got tangled up, and punches were thrown.
No, the offenders were Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams. Then Landry Fields got involved. Amar’e tried to hold everybody back, and Raymond Felton wound up in there and it was just a mess. Take a look.
So you have to think someone’s going to get suspended over this. Closed-fist swings will almost always get you a game or two, and there’s no star power to cover their trail here. Also interesting was this quote from Amar’e Stoudemire about Al Horford after the game:
“I don’t know what Horford’s thinking. He needs to calm down. He’s not the type of player”.
via Steve Adamek of The Record.
Al Horford versus Amar’e Stoudemire. This is quite possibly the most intellectual feud in the NBA.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14