Jan 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Well, no one hit anyone in their junk, but turns out Celtics-Suns wasn’t the only dust-up Friday night. In the fourth quarter of the Hawks’ comfortable win over the Knicks, two players got tangled up, and punches were thrown.
No, the offenders were Marvin Williams and Shawne Williams. Then Landry Fields got involved. Amar’e tried to hold everybody back, and Raymond Felton wound up in there and it was just a mess. Take a look.
So you have to think someone’s going to get suspended over this. Closed-fist swings will almost always get you a game or two, and there’s no star power to cover their trail here. Also interesting was this quote from Amar’e Stoudemire about Al Horford after the game:
“I don’t know what Horford’s thinking. He needs to calm down. He’s not the type of player”.
via Steve Adamek of The Record.
Al Horford versus Amar’e Stoudemire. This is quite possibly the most intellectual feud in the NBA.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29