Jan 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat will miss tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons due to a right wrist sprain he suffered in the second half of the Heat’s loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday. Wade scored 34 points on 14-22 shooting against the Knicks, but faltered as the Knicks overtook the Heat in the fourth quarter.
Doctors are calling the decision to rest Wade tonight a “precaution.” The Heat’s next scheduled game is against the Thunder on Sunday. Mike Miller, who had a breakout performance when he started against the Raptors, will start the game in Wade’s place.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49