Jan 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat will miss tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons due to a right wrist sprain he suffered in the second half of the Heat’s loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday. Wade scored 34 points on 14-22 shooting against the Knicks, but faltered as the Knicks overtook the Heat in the fourth quarter.
Doctors are calling the decision to rest Wade tonight a “precaution.” The Heat’s next scheduled game is against the Thunder on Sunday. Mike Miller, who had a breakout performance when he started against the Raptors, will start the game in Wade’s place.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48