Jan 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat will miss tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons due to a right wrist sprain he suffered in the second half of the Heat’s loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday. Wade scored 34 points on 14-22 shooting against the Knicks, but faltered as the Knicks overtook the Heat in the fourth quarter.
Doctors are calling the decision to rest Wade tonight a “precaution.” The Heat’s next scheduled game is against the Thunder on Sunday. Mike Miller, who had a breakout performance when he started against the Raptors, will start the game in Wade’s place.
- Hawks cruise to underwhelming Game 1 win over Nets 3
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 15
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10