Jan 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat will miss tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons due to a right wrist sprain he suffered in the second half of the Heat’s loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday. Wade scored 34 points on 14-22 shooting against the Knicks, but faltered as the Knicks overtook the Heat in the fourth quarter.
Doctors are calling the decision to rest Wade tonight a “precaution.” The Heat’s next scheduled game is against the Thunder on Sunday. Mike Miller, who had a breakout performance when he started against the Raptors, will start the game in Wade’s place.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30