Jan 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
According to Ira Winderman of the Flordia Sun-Sentinel, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat will miss tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons due to a right wrist sprain he suffered in the second half of the Heat’s loss to the New York Knicks on Thursday. Wade scored 34 points on 14-22 shooting against the Knicks, but faltered as the Knicks overtook the Heat in the fourth quarter.
Doctors are calling the decision to rest Wade tonight a “precaution.” The Heat’s next scheduled game is against the Thunder on Sunday. Mike Miller, who had a breakout performance when he started against the Raptors, will start the game in Wade’s place.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?