Jan 28, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
At this point, shouldn’t the Trail Blazers just invest in their own MRI machine?
The Blazers got some good news in their latest MRI results that show Nicolas Batum has a bone bruise on his knee but nothing more serious, the team announced Friday morning. He is listed as day-to-day.
Batum was injured in the middle of the second quarter Thursday night while backpedaling trying to keep up with a driving Paul Pierce. There was no contact, Batum said later he just felt his knee “stretch” and it clearly was painful as Batum limped up court then after a time out went directly to the locker room.
After the game Batum said the injury was not serious but he did leave the arena on crutches.
Pierce also suffered a minor knee bruise in this game although he thought his happened later.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 14
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17