Jan 28, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Derrick Rose will play against the Magic tonight, despite two painful ulcers in his stomach:
All-Star point guard Derrick Rose will play for the Chicago Bulls against the Orlando Magic on Friday despite two painful stomach ulcers.
Rose was still feeling discomfort but was planning to “fight through it.”
He started experiencing heartburn on Monday and still is having difficulty eating, drinking and swallowing. He initially thought he had a stomach flu, but doctors at Rush University Medical Center found two ulcers on Wednesday.
Rose has been in a bit of a shooting slump recently, going a combined 22-64 (34%) over the course of the Bulls’ last three games. If the ulcer has been causing him to shoot worse, the Magic’s defense won’t help matters — despite some issues with their perimeter defense recently, Dwight Howard and the Magic still allow less made baskets at the rim than any other team in the league. Still, Rose is an MVP candidate for a reason, and the Magic shouldn’t be surprised if Rose, ulcers and all, delivers a virtuoso performance on Friday night.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14