Jan 28, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Derrick Rose will play against the Magic tonight, despite two painful ulcers in his stomach:
All-Star point guard Derrick Rose will play for the Chicago Bulls against the Orlando Magic on Friday despite two painful stomach ulcers.
Rose was still feeling discomfort but was planning to “fight through it.”
He started experiencing heartburn on Monday and still is having difficulty eating, drinking and swallowing. He initially thought he had a stomach flu, but doctors at Rush University Medical Center found two ulcers on Wednesday.
Rose has been in a bit of a shooting slump recently, going a combined 22-64 (34%) over the course of the Bulls’ last three games. If the ulcer has been causing him to shoot worse, the Magic’s defense won’t help matters — despite some issues with their perimeter defense recently, Dwight Howard and the Magic still allow less made baskets at the rim than any other team in the league. Still, Rose is an MVP candidate for a reason, and the Magic shouldn’t be surprised if Rose, ulcers and all, delivers a virtuoso performance on Friday night.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50