Jan 28, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, Derrick Rose will play against the Magic tonight, despite two painful ulcers in his stomach:
All-Star point guard Derrick Rose will play for the Chicago Bulls against the Orlando Magic on Friday despite two painful stomach ulcers.
Rose was still feeling discomfort but was planning to “fight through it.”
He started experiencing heartburn on Monday and still is having difficulty eating, drinking and swallowing. He initially thought he had a stomach flu, but doctors at Rush University Medical Center found two ulcers on Wednesday.
Rose has been in a bit of a shooting slump recently, going a combined 22-64 (34%) over the course of the Bulls’ last three games. If the ulcer has been causing him to shoot worse, the Magic’s defense won’t help matters — despite some issues with their perimeter defense recently, Dwight Howard and the Magic still allow less made baskets at the rim than any other team in the league. Still, Rose is an MVP candidate for a reason, and the Magic shouldn’t be surprised if Rose, ulcers and all, delivers a virtuoso performance on Friday night.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13