Jan 28, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Derrick Rose will play against the Magic tonight, despite two painful ulcers in his stomach:
All-Star point guard Derrick Rose will play for the Chicago Bulls against the Orlando Magic on Friday despite two painful stomach ulcers.
Rose was still feeling discomfort but was planning to “fight through it.”
He started experiencing heartburn on Monday and still is having difficulty eating, drinking and swallowing. He initially thought he had a stomach flu, but doctors at Rush University Medical Center found two ulcers on Wednesday.
Rose has been in a bit of a shooting slump recently, going a combined 22-64 (34%) over the course of the Bulls’ last three games. If the ulcer has been causing him to shoot worse, the Magic’s defense won’t help matters — despite some issues with their perimeter defense recently, Dwight Howard and the Magic still allow less made baskets at the rim than any other team in the league. Still, Rose is an MVP candidate for a reason, and the Magic shouldn’t be surprised if Rose, ulcers and all, delivers a virtuoso performance on Friday night.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23