Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
We knew Rip Hamilton was not going to play Friday night for the Pistons against the Heat. He’s officially out with the stomach flu but even if he were officially at the arena and ready to play he’d be benched by coach John Kuester because… we don’t know. But he would be.
However it’s much worse for the Pistons as they also will be without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Wallace against Miami, according to Booth Newspapers. Stuckey injured his shoulder Wednesday night against Denver and while there is no structural damage his shoulder is still too sore to play. Wallace is dealing with a family matter, the team said.
Combine that with long-standing injuries to Jonas Jerebko and Terrico White and you have just 10 guys dressing for the Pistons Friday. Miami has lost 4 of 5, is on the second night of a back-to-back, and they will be without Chris Bosh. Still, tough spot for the Pistons to get the upset now.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 58
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32