Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
We knew Rip Hamilton was not going to play Friday night for the Pistons against the Heat. He’s officially out with the stomach flu but even if he were officially at the arena and ready to play he’d be benched by coach John Kuester because… we don’t know. But he would be.
However it’s much worse for the Pistons as they also will be without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Wallace against Miami, according to Booth Newspapers. Stuckey injured his shoulder Wednesday night against Denver and while there is no structural damage his shoulder is still too sore to play. Wallace is dealing with a family matter, the team said.
Combine that with long-standing injuries to Jonas Jerebko and Terrico White and you have just 10 guys dressing for the Pistons Friday. Miami has lost 4 of 5, is on the second night of a back-to-back, and they will be without Chris Bosh. Still, tough spot for the Pistons to get the upset now.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52