Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
We knew Rip Hamilton was not going to play Friday night for the Pistons against the Heat. He’s officially out with the stomach flu but even if he were officially at the arena and ready to play he’d be benched by coach John Kuester because… we don’t know. But he would be.
However it’s much worse for the Pistons as they also will be without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Wallace against Miami, according to Booth Newspapers. Stuckey injured his shoulder Wednesday night against Denver and while there is no structural damage his shoulder is still too sore to play. Wallace is dealing with a family matter, the team said.
Combine that with long-standing injuries to Jonas Jerebko and Terrico White and you have just 10 guys dressing for the Pistons Friday. Miami has lost 4 of 5, is on the second night of a back-to-back, and they will be without Chris Bosh. Still, tough spot for the Pistons to get the upset now.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8