Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
We knew Rip Hamilton was not going to play Friday night for the Pistons against the Heat. He’s officially out with the stomach flu but even if he were officially at the arena and ready to play he’d be benched by coach John Kuester because… we don’t know. But he would be.
However it’s much worse for the Pistons as they also will be without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Wallace against Miami, according to Booth Newspapers. Stuckey injured his shoulder Wednesday night against Denver and while there is no structural damage his shoulder is still too sore to play. Wallace is dealing with a family matter, the team said.
Combine that with long-standing injuries to Jonas Jerebko and Terrico White and you have just 10 guys dressing for the Pistons Friday. Miami has lost 4 of 5, is on the second night of a back-to-back, and they will be without Chris Bosh. Still, tough spot for the Pistons to get the upset now.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 12