Jan 28, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
We knew Rip Hamilton was not going to play Friday night for the Pistons against the Heat. He’s officially out with the stomach flu but even if he were officially at the arena and ready to play he’d be benched by coach John Kuester because… we don’t know. But he would be.
However it’s much worse for the Pistons as they also will be without Rodney Stuckey and Ben Wallace against Miami, according to Booth Newspapers. Stuckey injured his shoulder Wednesday night against Denver and while there is no structural damage his shoulder is still too sore to play. Wallace is dealing with a family matter, the team said.
Combine that with long-standing injuries to Jonas Jerebko and Terrico White and you have just 10 guys dressing for the Pistons Friday. Miami has lost 4 of 5, is on the second night of a back-to-back, and they will be without Chris Bosh. Still, tough spot for the Pistons to get the upset now.
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 0
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15