Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
At some point in the third quarter of Boston’s win in Portland Thursday, Paul Pierce hurt his knee.
It’s not that serious — he played seven minutes of the fourth quarter after the injury — and he thinks it’s just a bruise, but if there is swelling Pierce could miss the Celtics game against the Suns Friday night. You can bet that short of leg amputation he will be ready to go Sunday against the Lakers.
His quotes to the Boston Globe make it sound like Celtics fans should not be worried.
“It just felt a little sore there in the fourth,” Pierce said. “I think it’s just a knee bruise. It just sort of wore on me as the game went on. It’s just stuff that happens throughout the course of a game – banging knees, turning ankles. That’s all it was.”
“Hopefully it doesn’t swell up too much,” Pierce said. “It swelled up a little bit, but not too bad. Hopefully, it’ll be all right for tomorrow.”
For the record, the Celtics are officially calling this a thigh injury. But if the guy with the injury says knee, we’ll go with knee.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16