Jan 28, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
It’s how the league rolls now — big star in a big game, then you need the special edition shoes.
Lakers vs. Celtics Sunday, that is big. So Kevin Garnett, what you got?
KG and Chinese shoe company Anta teamed up for the subtly named “Beat L.A.” shoe.
Notice on the tongue of the shoe the numbers “152-120,” which not so coincidentally is the Celtics all-time record against the Lakers.
Last time somebody broke out a pair of green shoes for a big game in Los Angeles it didn’t go so well. We’ll see if Garnett has better luck.
(via The Basketball Jones)
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11