Jan 28, 2011, 8:12 AM EST
It’s how the league rolls now — big star in a big game, then you need the special edition shoes.
Lakers vs. Celtics Sunday, that is big. So Kevin Garnett, what you got?
KG and Chinese shoe company Anta teamed up for the subtly named “Beat L.A.” shoe.
Notice on the tongue of the shoe the numbers “152-120,” which not so coincidentally is the Celtics all-time record against the Lakers.
Last time somebody broke out a pair of green shoes for a big game in Los Angeles it didn’t go so well. We’ll see if Garnett has better luck.
(via The Basketball Jones)
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1