Jan 28, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
It’s how the league rolls now — big star in a big game, then you need the special edition shoes.
Lakers vs. Celtics Sunday, that is big. So Kevin Garnett, what you got?
KG and Chinese shoe company Anta teamed up for the subtly named “Beat L.A.” shoe.
Notice on the tongue of the shoe the numbers “152-120,” which not so coincidentally is the Celtics all-time record against the Lakers.
Last time somebody broke out a pair of green shoes for a big game in Los Angeles it didn’t go so well. We’ll see if Garnett has better luck.
(via The Basketball Jones)
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18