Jan 28, 2011, 8:12 AM EST
It’s how the league rolls now — big star in a big game, then you need the special edition shoes.
Lakers vs. Celtics Sunday, that is big. So Kevin Garnett, what you got?
KG and Chinese shoe company Anta teamed up for the subtly named “Beat L.A.” shoe.
Notice on the tongue of the shoe the numbers “152-120,” which not so coincidentally is the Celtics all-time record against the Lakers.
Last time somebody broke out a pair of green shoes for a big game in Los Angeles it didn’t go so well. We’ll see if Garnett has better luck.
(via The Basketball Jones)
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6