Jan 28, 2011, 12:40 AM EDT
We were ready to pour out a 40 for the career of Jason Williams, but that guy has more lives than that famous movie Jason with the stylish hockey mask.
Just after being waived by the Orlando Magic — where he was buried on the depth chart — he has had talks about joining the Memphis Grizzlies, according to the Commercial Appeal. Memphis thinks he would bring steadier play behind Mike Conley.
The talks are serious and apparently the only thing that can derail it is a contender reaching out to Williams.
The conversations with Memphis were taking place before the 10-game suspension of O.J. Mayo, but that has put some urgency behind the moves. Apparently Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has always been a fan of Williams and was not happy that Jerry West traded him six years ago from Memphis to Miami.
This is not a 10-day contract, this would be for the rest of the season.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16