Jan 28, 2011, 12:40 AM EST
We were ready to pour out a 40 for the career of Jason Williams, but that guy has more lives than that famous movie Jason with the stylish hockey mask.
Just after being waived by the Orlando Magic — where he was buried on the depth chart — he has had talks about joining the Memphis Grizzlies, according to the Commercial Appeal. Memphis thinks he would bring steadier play behind Mike Conley.
The talks are serious and apparently the only thing that can derail it is a contender reaching out to Williams.
The conversations with Memphis were taking place before the 10-game suspension of O.J. Mayo, but that has put some urgency behind the moves. Apparently Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has always been a fan of Williams and was not happy that Jerry West traded him six years ago from Memphis to Miami.
This is not a 10-day contract, this would be for the rest of the season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 2
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44