Jan 28, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
The bad news is his wrist was too sore to grip a basketball at shootaround Friday and he said he would not play against Minnesota, according to a tweet from Steve Luhm of the Tribune.
Williams strained his tendon late in the first quarter against the Spurs Wednesday but played through it and ended up with 39 points in the loss.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34