Jan 28, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
The bad news is his wrist was too sore to grip a basketball at shootaround Friday and he said he would not play against Minnesota, according to a tweet from Steve Luhm of the Tribune.
Williams strained his tendon late in the first quarter against the Spurs Wednesday but played through it and ended up with 39 points in the loss.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30