Jan 28, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
The bad news is his wrist was too sore to grip a basketball at shootaround Friday and he said he would not play against Minnesota, according to a tweet from Steve Luhm of the Tribune.
Williams strained his tendon late in the first quarter against the Spurs Wednesday but played through it and ended up with 39 points in the loss.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32