Jan 27, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
The New York Knicks have lost both meetings with the Miami Heat this season and come into Thursday’s showdown just 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
But you have to like this about Amar’e Stoudemire — he is defiant (as reported by ESPN New York).
“Nobody’s afraid of the Miami Heat.”
The Heat squad that come into the Garden Thursday will be playing more of the Knicks game — with Chris Bosh out (ankle sprain), Miami is going small. LeBron James will start at the power forward spot, and either Mike Miller or James Jones will start at the three spot, Erik Spoelstra told the Miami Herald.
This game should be entertaining — no Bosh should mean a faster tempo for the Heat, and we know the Knicks want to run. But more LeBron and Wade in the open court is something you probably should fear. (More James Jones in the open court… less scary.)
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16