Jan 27, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
The New York Knicks have lost both meetings with the Miami Heat this season and come into Thursday’s showdown just 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
But you have to like this about Amar’e Stoudemire — he is defiant (as reported by ESPN New York).
“Nobody’s afraid of the Miami Heat.”
The Heat squad that come into the Garden Thursday will be playing more of the Knicks game — with Chris Bosh out (ankle sprain), Miami is going small. LeBron James will start at the power forward spot, and either Mike Miller or James Jones will start at the three spot, Erik Spoelstra told the Miami Herald.
This game should be entertaining — no Bosh should mean a faster tempo for the Heat, and we know the Knicks want to run. But more LeBron and Wade in the open court is something you probably should fear. (More James Jones in the open court… less scary.)
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4