Jan 27, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
The New York Knicks have lost both meetings with the Miami Heat this season and come into Thursday’s showdown just 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
But you have to like this about Amar’e Stoudemire — he is defiant (as reported by ESPN New York).
“Nobody’s afraid of the Miami Heat.”
The Heat squad that come into the Garden Thursday will be playing more of the Knicks game — with Chris Bosh out (ankle sprain), Miami is going small. LeBron James will start at the power forward spot, and either Mike Miller or James Jones will start at the three spot, Erik Spoelstra told the Miami Herald.
This game should be entertaining — no Bosh should mean a faster tempo for the Heat, and we know the Knicks want to run. But more LeBron and Wade in the open court is something you probably should fear. (More James Jones in the open court… less scary.)
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17