Jan 27, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
The New York Knicks have lost both meetings with the Miami Heat this season and come into Thursday’s showdown just 3-7 in their last 10 overall.
But you have to like this about Amar’e Stoudemire — he is defiant (as reported by ESPN New York).
“Nobody’s afraid of the Miami Heat.”
The Heat squad that come into the Garden Thursday will be playing more of the Knicks game — with Chris Bosh out (ankle sprain), Miami is going small. LeBron James will start at the power forward spot, and either Mike Miller or James Jones will start at the three spot, Erik Spoelstra told the Miami Herald.
This game should be entertaining — no Bosh should mean a faster tempo for the Heat, and we know the Knicks want to run. But more LeBron and Wade in the open court is something you probably should fear. (More James Jones in the open court… less scary.)
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 23
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30