Jan 27, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
The Cavaliers are going to make some moves before the trading deadline. Maybe they’ll win a game by then, too, but we’re far more certain they are going to make some moves.
As expected one likely guy on the block is Antawn Jamison, who was moved last year at the trade deadline to help Cleveland take the next step to a title (swing and a miss). Now he likely will be moved to a contender for depth.
Williams may have value as a shooter but he will be tough to move. And not just because he’s injured right now and will be out for another week or two.
It’s the two years, $17 million he still has left on his deal after this season that will scare teams off. While Williams has an early termination option next year and a player option on the second year out, there is no way he’s walking away from this contract. He’s not going to get a better one and he knows it. So if you trade for him you pay the man.
Still, a team that could use a guard off the bench who can fill it up — his shooting percentage has fallen down to 38.7 percent this year but a change of scenery might improve it — may be interested. The Cavaliers would likely want a young player and/or draft picks in return.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 1
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony in Game 6 (VIDEO) 10
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay