Jan 27, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
Is there anything as cool as watching an NBA player run some drills and dribble around cones? Of course, not. What could be?
The NBA All-Star Skills Challenge returns to help people fall asleep on Friday night, Feb. 17, but the twist this year is that you and your fellow fans get to pick the participants. Well, four of the five. Chris Paul gets in automatically because, well, he should. Guy has won this event three times and his skills are ridiculous.
The other four participants will be chosen by fan vote (just click here) among these eight candidates:
• Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
• Baron Davis (Los Angeles Clippers)
• Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings)
• Derek Fisher (Los Angeles Lakers)
• Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
• Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
• John Wall (Washington Wizards)
• Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
If you vote for Fisher over any of those other guys I am going to come over to your house and force you — Clockwork Orange style — to watch tapes of Fisher running the fast break with Ron Artest until Fisher’s skill level is burned into your brain.
(By the way, there is nothing more amusing in the league right now than the Fisher/Artest breaks the Lakers seem to get a lot of. You know the bad decision is coming but you never know from where.)
Voting runs now through Feb. 14 at NBA.com/chooseyoursquad. The Skills Challenge is part of All-Star Weekend, which takes place at the Staples Center from Feb. 17-20. But if you miss the Friday night part it’s okay, we won’t tell anyone.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6