Jan 27, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
Is there anything as cool as watching an NBA player run some drills and dribble around cones? Of course, not. What could be?
The NBA All-Star Skills Challenge returns to help people fall asleep on Friday night, Feb. 17, but the twist this year is that you and your fellow fans get to pick the participants. Well, four of the five. Chris Paul gets in automatically because, well, he should. Guy has won this event three times and his skills are ridiculous.
The other four participants will be chosen by fan vote (just click here) among these eight candidates:
• Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
• Baron Davis (Los Angeles Clippers)
• Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings)
• Derek Fisher (Los Angeles Lakers)
• Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
• Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
• John Wall (Washington Wizards)
• Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
If you vote for Fisher over any of those other guys I am going to come over to your house and force you — Clockwork Orange style — to watch tapes of Fisher running the fast break with Ron Artest until Fisher’s skill level is burned into your brain.
(By the way, there is nothing more amusing in the league right now than the Fisher/Artest breaks the Lakers seem to get a lot of. You know the bad decision is coming but you never know from where.)
Voting runs now through Feb. 14 at NBA.com/chooseyoursquad. The Skills Challenge is part of All-Star Weekend, which takes place at the Staples Center from Feb. 17-20. But if you miss the Friday night part it’s okay, we won’t tell anyone.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22