Jan 26, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
Okay, sure, the Knicks would love to trade for Carmelo Anthony. We’re sick of talking about it, too, but we are legally obligated to throw that in any time the Knicks and trades are mentioned in the same paragraph.
But that’s not the only trade the Knicks are considering, according to Mitch Lawrence at the New York Daily News. They want another big.
Among big men, the Knicks reportedly have talked about Portland’s Joel Przybilla and Memphis’ Marc Gasol. However, they have concerns about Przybilla’s health and whether he’d be a good fit in their offense. With Marcus Camby out for at least a month following knee surgery, Przybilla is starting now and perhaps will be able to allay some concerns that he has not fully recovered from a severe knee injury.
As for Gasol, the Knicks and several other teams believe that Memphis will not deal him and instead will attempt to re-sign the restricted free agent this summer.
Just to be sure we have our facts right: The Knicks want a big man, just not one they can actually have. How very Knicks. We get the desire for another big body. It makes some sense because as much as we are charter members of the Ronny Turiaf Fan Club, the guy is best used as your first big off the bench.
But the two bigs the Knicks really want are totally unavailable. With Camby (and Oden and…) out the chances the Blazers move Przybilla is almost nonexistent. And even fewer people think the Grizzlies are going to move Gasol (they moved a Gasol once and still get crap about it).
We get what they are doing, makes sense the Knicks are looking at big men. They’re just doing it in a very Knicks manner.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final