Jan 26, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
Okay, sure, the Knicks would love to trade for Carmelo Anthony. We’re sick of talking about it, too, but we are legally obligated to throw that in any time the Knicks and trades are mentioned in the same paragraph.
But that’s not the only trade the Knicks are considering, according to Mitch Lawrence at the New York Daily News. They want another big.
Among big men, the Knicks reportedly have talked about Portland’s Joel Przybilla and Memphis’ Marc Gasol. However, they have concerns about Przybilla’s health and whether he’d be a good fit in their offense. With Marcus Camby out for at least a month following knee surgery, Przybilla is starting now and perhaps will be able to allay some concerns that he has not fully recovered from a severe knee injury.
As for Gasol, the Knicks and several other teams believe that Memphis will not deal him and instead will attempt to re-sign the restricted free agent this summer.
Just to be sure we have our facts right: The Knicks want a big man, just not one they can actually have. How very Knicks. We get the desire for another big body. It makes some sense because as much as we are charter members of the Ronny Turiaf Fan Club, the guy is best used as your first big off the bench.
But the two bigs the Knicks really want are totally unavailable. With Camby (and Oden and…) out the chances the Blazers move Przybilla is almost nonexistent. And even fewer people think the Grizzlies are going to move Gasol (they moved a Gasol once and still get crap about it).
We get what they are doing, makes sense the Knicks are looking at big men. They’re just doing it in a very Knicks manner.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18