Jan 26, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
Okay, sure, the Knicks would love to trade for Carmelo Anthony. We’re sick of talking about it, too, but we are legally obligated to throw that in any time the Knicks and trades are mentioned in the same paragraph.
But that’s not the only trade the Knicks are considering, according to Mitch Lawrence at the New York Daily News. They want another big.
Among big men, the Knicks reportedly have talked about Portland’s Joel Przybilla and Memphis’ Marc Gasol. However, they have concerns about Przybilla’s health and whether he’d be a good fit in their offense. With Marcus Camby out for at least a month following knee surgery, Przybilla is starting now and perhaps will be able to allay some concerns that he has not fully recovered from a severe knee injury.
As for Gasol, the Knicks and several other teams believe that Memphis will not deal him and instead will attempt to re-sign the restricted free agent this summer.
Just to be sure we have our facts right: The Knicks want a big man, just not one they can actually have. How very Knicks. We get the desire for another big body. It makes some sense because as much as we are charter members of the Ronny Turiaf Fan Club, the guy is best used as your first big off the bench.
But the two bigs the Knicks really want are totally unavailable. With Camby (and Oden and…) out the chances the Blazers move Przybilla is almost nonexistent. And even fewer people think the Grizzlies are going to move Gasol (they moved a Gasol once and still get crap about it).
We get what they are doing, makes sense the Knicks are looking at big men. They’re just doing it in a very Knicks manner.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)