Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:41 pm: In a sign that this is the end, the Orlando Magic tonight waived Jason Williams. It would be stunning if anyone picked him up at this point.
Williams had missed five games recently due to a personal issue, but he dressed with the Magic on Monday night. However, he did not accompany the team on its current road trip to Indiana.
I’m going to pour out some of my PBR for J-Will and watch that video linked at the bottom of this post one more time.
12:37 pm: Jason Williams has battled arthritic feet and some personal issues this season that have kept him on the sidelines for much of the Orlando Magic’s campaign. But it seemed like he was back, and last Friday took part in the team’s shootaround.
Then today the Magic announced that he has left the team (via twitter). No official reason was given, The team added that Magic GM Otis Smith said the matter will be dealt with when the team returns from its road trip.
What this means is we may have seen the last of White Chocolate in the NBA. Which makes me a little sad, like the league just got a little more dull. It’s time for a little trip down memory lane…
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10