Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:41 pm: In a sign that this is the end, the Orlando Magic tonight waived Jason Williams. It would be stunning if anyone picked him up at this point.
Williams had missed five games recently due to a personal issue, but he dressed with the Magic on Monday night. However, he did not accompany the team on its current road trip to Indiana.
I’m going to pour out some of my PBR for J-Will and watch that video linked at the bottom of this post one more time.
12:37 pm: Jason Williams has battled arthritic feet and some personal issues this season that have kept him on the sidelines for much of the Orlando Magic’s campaign. But it seemed like he was back, and last Friday took part in the team’s shootaround.
Then today the Magic announced that he has left the team (via twitter). No official reason was given, The team added that Magic GM Otis Smith said the matter will be dealt with when the team returns from its road trip.
What this means is we may have seen the last of White Chocolate in the NBA. Which makes me a little sad, like the league just got a little more dull. It’s time for a little trip down memory lane…
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 14
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 5
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19