Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
UPDATE 9:41 pm: In a sign that this is the end, the Orlando Magic tonight waived Jason Williams. It would be stunning if anyone picked him up at this point.
Williams had missed five games recently due to a personal issue, but he dressed with the Magic on Monday night. However, he did not accompany the team on its current road trip to Indiana.
I’m going to pour out some of my PBR for J-Will and watch that video linked at the bottom of this post one more time.
12:37 pm: Jason Williams has battled arthritic feet and some personal issues this season that have kept him on the sidelines for much of the Orlando Magic’s campaign. But it seemed like he was back, and last Friday took part in the team’s shootaround.
Then today the Magic announced that he has left the team (via twitter). No official reason was given, The team added that Magic GM Otis Smith said the matter will be dealt with when the team returns from its road trip.
What this means is we may have seen the last of White Chocolate in the NBA. Which makes me a little sad, like the league just got a little more dull. It’s time for a little trip down memory lane…
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 7
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 1
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9