Jan 26, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:41 pm: In a sign that this is the end, the Orlando Magic tonight waived Jason Williams. It would be stunning if anyone picked him up at this point.
Williams had missed five games recently due to a personal issue, but he dressed with the Magic on Monday night. However, he did not accompany the team on its current road trip to Indiana.
I’m going to pour out some of my PBR for J-Will and watch that video linked at the bottom of this post one more time.
12:37 pm: Jason Williams has battled arthritic feet and some personal issues this season that have kept him on the sidelines for much of the Orlando Magic’s campaign. But it seemed like he was back, and last Friday took part in the team’s shootaround.
Then today the Magic announced that he has left the team (via twitter). No official reason was given, The team added that Magic GM Otis Smith said the matter will be dealt with when the team returns from its road trip.
What this means is we may have seen the last of White Chocolate in the NBA. Which makes me a little sad, like the league just got a little more dull. It’s time for a little trip down memory lane…
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24