Jan 25, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
This is just going to fuel the “Tim Duncan is the ultimate basketball-playing robot and not human” conspiracy theory (those people are crazy and would better be served proving how the moon landings didn’t happen).
Tim Duncan left in the second quarter of the Spurs Tuesday night win over the Warriors after his knee buckled under him and he laid on the court for a minute in pain. But he was back out for the start of the third quarter and said to Jeff McDonald of the News Express that he’s just fine, thank you very much.
“I just fell wrong,” said Duncan, who ended with 16 points and seven rebounds. “It feels fine. All I know is I went down kind of awkward.”
The Spurs wrap up their road trip Wednesday against the struggling (imploding?) Utah Jazz. (The Jazz have lost four in a row and get the Lakers and Spurs on a back-to-back? Ouch.)
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona